New Golf 7 Front Quarter Windows are Impossible to Tint!

This golf is by far the easiest .rear is not as curved but still a bit tricky.the plastic moulds can be removed they are tight so take your time.door trims pop back at the top no need to remove.with the little quarters fold the tint into a u shape and feed it in as far as you can then using 1 finger push it till it lines up with the window then then flick it up onto the glass.make sure your solution is soapy so you can slip it into position with ur finger. Leave for a few minutes to let it tack .I used a yellow turbo cut into a shovel shape about 15mm wide then taped it to my door trim clip remover tool and squeegeed out.car took me 2.5 hrs .

I'm looking for a quality tinting to do a Golf 7 in Melbourne area. The car is the exactly the same colour/model as one shown in this thread.

I've used Rob Tait from Cartint in the past but unfortunately he doesn't want to touch Golf 7's.

Looking for help :please

hi there ,

give Mitch at Get tinted a call he uses the same film that is in the pic,he will do a quality job no doubt.

They have a workshop in Epping

While this topic got a lil bump, thought I'd add. What I do is clean the window best I can if I can just get a small bit of scoured and flush then good. Peel the 1/4 wet a trim stick(paddle pop stick) and stick the quarter on that and use the stick as my hand to guide the 1/4 in. Still tricky but I used to do it the way said above, this is much easier

Tikka, spoke to Mitch @ Get tinted. Nice guy and happy to do Golf 7 including small windows. He recommend either oxide 30% or fusion 33% so I'll compare and decide on the day.

thanks again for the heads up.

Hey Yendor,

Mitch is looking after you on that 1..

The 3M crystalline 40 offers a slightly better heat rejection than the Fusion Nano Ceramic 33.

3M Crystalline 40% is 59% TSER

UltraGard Fusion Nano 33% is 58% TSER (Total solar energy rejection)

But the Fusion will offer better glare reduction as I it just fits under the darkest legal limit for vehicles. It does have a slightly green colour to it.. It has been described to me as looking like new born baby poo.. :lol  But.. It looks prestige to me..

The Oxide has a charcoal colour and is my favorite film to use, (And I have used plenty) and I love the colour.

Regardless of the film you use, Mitch will do a smick job..

A wise man once said... Some peoples loses are other peoples gains.

Cheers

Archived