New Golf 7 Front Quarter Windows are Impossible to Tint!

If you've seen the newly released VW Golf 7, then you would have seen that you cannot get access to the front quarters which is where the external mirrors are fitted. Apparently the trim has an air bag behind it as we'll so just beware and explain to your clients that it can't be tinted. One look is all you will need and your customer 'should' agree with you too. Good luck fellas.

Carlo @ Solar Gard.

2013 VW Golf. Done bt Tikka. "They are similar to the Hyundai iload front quarters, just needs a little extra time"

Film is Oxide 30.

Avoid tinting these if your not good enough :thumb

2013_VW_Golf_Quarter_zps0e6a92a8.jpg

2013_VW_Golf_zpsa7d7f817.jpg

lol.... nice one!!!! That's what I always say "if you can't tint it your not a tinter"

I have one of these ina few weeks, my friends mums car so has to be done 110% haha

I'll give it a shot

off topic but this new golf looks worse than the previous model, I like the previous model but this one not so much

I have one of these ina few weeks, my friends mums car so has to be done 110% haha

I'll give it a shot

off topic but this new golf looks worse than the previous model, I like the previous model but this one not so much

All Golfs are not worth the trouble at virtually any price....I can do much simpler alternatives on the day and just relax my way through them....yes I can choose and not the other way around.

Devil

I'll give it a shot

All Golfs are not worth the trouble at virtually any price....I can do much simpler alternatives on the day and just relax my way through them....yes I can choose and not the other way around.

Devil

After so long, you have nothing to prove Dev, and the dream for most is to be in a position to choose.

But, When someone says that "Here is something you can not do" I will take it on because I need to be challenged. And I would hate to see that others can do it, and I can not. After 16 years of tinting everything know to man, I am not ready to be told that there is something that can not be tinted. I am ready to be told that some can not tint it.

This golf is by far the easiest .rear is not as curved but still a bit tricky.the plastic moulds can be removed they are tight so take your time.door trims pop back at the top no need to remove.with the little quarters fold the tint into a u shape and feed it in as far as you can then using 1 finger push it till it lines up with the window then then flick it up onto the glass.make sure your solution is soapy so you can slip it into position with ur finger. Leave for a few minutes to let it tack .I used a yellow turbo cut into a shovel shape about 15mm wide then taped it to my door trim clip remover tool and squeegeed out.car took me 2.5 hrs .

This golf is by far the easiest .rear is not as curved but still a bit tricky.the plastic moulds can be removed they are tight so take your time.door trims pop back at the top no need to remove.with the little quarters fold the tint into a u shape and feed it in as far as you can then using 1 finger push it till it lines up with the window then then flick it up onto the glass.make sure your solution is soapy so you can slip it into position with ur finger. Leave for a few minutes to let it tack .I used a yellow turbo cut into a shovel shape about 15mm wide then taped it to my door trim clip remover tool and squeegeed out.car took me 2.5 hrs .

I'm looking for a quality tinting to do a Golf 7 in Melbourne area. The car is the exactly the same colour/model as one shown in this thread.

I've used Rob Tait from Cartint in the past but unfortunately he doesn't want to touch Golf 7's.

Looking for help :please

I'm looking for a quality tinting to do a Golf 7 in Melbourne area. The car is the exactly the same colour/model as one shown in this thread.

I've used Rob Tait from Cartint in the past but unfortunately he doesn't want to touch Golf 7's.

Looking for help :please

hi there ,

give Mitch at Get tinted a call he uses the same film that is in the pic,he will do a quality job no doubt.

Archived