Pulling Door rubber on 2009 Impala

Guest DarksideIndiana

Guest DarksideIndiana

Ok I'm new to the forum. Back ground first I tinted cars back in 1991 to 1994. Back when I started the people I worked for we didn't take any items of the cars or did any shrinking, back windows where cut to match defroster lines. Started tinting again just on the side for extra cash. I have learned lots from this forum and other places. got down the dry shrinking back windows and more. I work in a county jail so I've mainly be tinting just local police vehicles.

Ok now with my question for help. I did a 2009 Impala not happy with the doors. I've seen on here you guys talk about pulling the door rubbers. My question do you also pull the door panels or other items to get the rubbers out, and can you explain in more detail how to do this. If you now of a video that would be great help. Tried to fined one on YouTube but no luck.

Any info on this would help thanks.

The perimeter gaskets pull out along with the bottom gasket making for a much cleaner and crease - free install. No panel removal necessary . 1 screw per door by the handle and pull back.

Will take under 5 min. To remove all gaskets and about the same to replace.

To each his/ her own but IMO, that 10 min is well worth it for the payoff on that car

You don't have to pull the panel. You can pull the top back to get the bottom seal out but you may want to pull the panel on the first door to see how it goes together. Once you pull the bottom seal out, the sides pull out super easy.

Archived