questions about the 2013 jetta

Guest Spoolme

Guest Spoolme

I'm having a hard time getting the rear door window sweep out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to tuck the film in the gasket or can I leave it right above since the door panel will hide it? Thanks guys.

I remove the sweep (or entire panel depending) nearly 99.9% of the time. Some do not. Some stop the film right at the top of the gasket like your proposing. It's all upto you and what you feel is the 'proper' way.

Pop the silver trim piece( it can also be black carbon looking too) remove torx behind it. Then pop power window trim piece. Pop and bottom then slightly pry /twist inside the top and it pops out. Remove torx behind there, then remove third torx in the screw hole below the door handle. Then at the very bottom of the panel remove the smaller torx near the door panel light. next check for fender audio speakers panels in the front a pillars if they are there you need to be careful when pulling panel free as you have to sneak in behind and unhook the tweeter before you yank panel completely free or else you will snap it off. So once all the torx undone, grab the panel firmly in the cup holder area, pull hard and fast straight towards you. All of the pressure clips will pop out clean and no damage. Then sneak behind and unhook the tweeter. I should make a video cause this process takes under two minutes for me. I tint two of these a day for the last two years.

To remove the sweep with the door panel on, I use two tools. One large panel tool and one small. Large one like this: doorpanelremovaltooldeluxe.jpg and the same style but small end. I take the large tool and place it IN the gasket (the part that the door panel clicks over and the glass felt sweep area). I tweak it sideways to keep it steady and tilt inward towards the car/panel. While doing this, use the small tool to pop the corner up. Once you have the corner started it comes right out. As said above I would need to take a video as explaining is difficult. There is no torque bolt on the rear panel btw just the front and the new style ones are just a locking 10mm plastic bolt.

Archived