Global QDP Ceramic (auto)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started using QDP along with the tint slime (I use about 3/4 tablespoon per Master Sprayer) for the first time a few weeks ago... slips perfectly and I love the tack, but I had some curling issues on a few back windows back to back. One of which I had to replace. I started using the film and the slime for the first time together, so I couldn't figure out if it was a bad roll or the slime. Then I noticed it again on a different shade, different car. I noticed that on some back glass (2013 Accord) that are a pain to get behind all of the trim/brakelights etc. it almost dries too quickly forming the little water bubbles along the bottom of the back glass. The ones you just hope will dry out and not form to air bubbles. Anyway, it sort of made me a bit hesitant to use the slime on the back glass, so I resorted to using it on only the sides (which works amazingly well), and back to J&J on the back. No more issues... Anyone else noticed this??? BTW I was using both the Green Fin & Bulldozer on the back glass to really try to get it flat. Not a fan of those pesky watery bubbles!

qdpc is no joke with its adhesive, qdp in itself is one of our favs here because it sets up so fast. We usually use about an ounce and a 1/8 for the qdp to give us more of a slip. Hubs and I reverse roll, but one of our tinters just franks the backglass in. We spray the backglass quite a bit on both methods, hard to say what you might want to do to remedy the problem, we tint fairly quickly, but on hotter days we do add 1/8 more sometimes for the backglasses. Especially the larger backglasses. Give us a call anytime if you have any questions and maybe we can figure out how to make the back window work better for ya :) Don't be afraid to add more slime to the mix to find your happy place.

I really pump a lot of slime in my sprayer for back glass installations now, Slips as much as i want it to and if your having curling issues , sometimes its the black ceramic border that makes the film want to curl back, when your cleaning the window take a microfiber and clean all the edges to see if your getting black residue on it. keep cleaning until you get no more residue on the towel then proceed with a normal scrub and squeegie. heat your edges with the heat gun on the outside after just to insure the film wont curl back. If your having curling issues before your even applying the film to the glass when you release the liner, then its definitely the film itself.

lol @ Richard

REAL italian food is amazing. But a few days in the StL heat and Stan will be back to his fighting weight.

Dudes! I have lost 35 pounds since the first of the year..... Bring on the t-shirt :beer

I missed this post somehow but congrats man!! How about a TOTW for shedding 35lbs??!!

Archived