Global QDP Ceramic (auto)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ill give him a call. I have an account set up already I think.

I assume you are using slim when installing this film? We use slime on all are films other then the Gro shield. We tried but even with a lot more in the bottles the film will tach so quick it will crease when we squeegee it out on the back glass. So we have has to use JJ for that film.

I had the same issue. even in my side window installs, then I really started pumping the slime in my bottles which made it slip like a motha fookahh. I might give it another try for my back window installs again to add a lot more slime to see what the outcome is. Even with what I was using before it was really sudsing up on the glass though... almost like I had too much soap in there but it still really never slid like baby shampoo does on the back glass...

we have had a few ppl that love to slip and slide with their slip solutions, we just tell everyone to play with it a bit to get to your happy place. Make sure you are measuring somehow to get the same result everytime.

We do have a few ppl that just decided they didn't like the Slime and went back to there old slips. Some people are just used to doing it a certain way and that is ok. If they give it a shot and decide it is not for them, we appreciate that they took the time to try our product out!

Not everyone is going to love it (ridiculous I know) but that is ok! There are so so so many variables when it comes to tinting: film, style, climate, age of glass, that it can be almost impossible to figure out from here what might help. In our shop we tint with a lot of different film lines, we have our happy place mixture for each film we install. Some tinters just hit the ground running on the Slime and had no issues, a few guys played with their mixes till they loved it.

Drives me crazy but a lot of tinters don't measure at all, just squirt and go. We have a tinter here that one squirt in his 32oz sprayer and he is off and running. He even sings a little song about TintSlime that I have been sworn to secrecy...he gets a little mushy about, there is some crying. I measure the same every time, I make my 5 gallon sprayer up with about 5.5 ounces, so a little more than an ounce a gallon. It lasts me for 2-4 weeks depending on how busy we are. We have a few tinters that will mix up 5 gallons at a time and fill their 32oz sprayers from it (one of my tinters does this).

I haven't ever used the Geo though so I am not sure how aggressive the adhesive is, but it sounds like it might be as much or more than the qdp. I will try to nab a sample for you guys and get back to you!

I love my Slime for sure! You can have it back when you pry my cold stiff fingers from the trigger of my spray bottle!!!................. No Really.... don't mess with my Slime.... I like my stuff to slide and glide. Plenty of Slime and Global QDP for a fast set up and I'm all for it.

Remember..... YOUR GOING TO USE IT

Guest Tintmaker_5000

I started using QDP along with the tint slime (I use about 3/4 tablespoon per Master Sprayer) for the first time a few weeks ago... slips perfectly and I love the tack, but I had some curling issues on a few back windows back to back. One of which I had to replace. I started using the film and the slime for the first time together, so I couldn't figure out if it was a bad roll or the slime. Then I noticed it again on a different shade, different car. I noticed that on some back glass (2013 Accord) that are a pain to get behind all of the trim/brakelights etc. it almost dries too quickly forming the little water bubbles along the bottom of the back glass. The ones you just hope will dry out and not form to air bubbles. Anyway, it sort of made me a bit hesitant to use the slime on the back glass, so I resorted to using it on only the sides (which works amazingly well), and back to J&J on the back. No more issues... Anyone else noticed this??? BTW I was using both the Green Fin & Bulldozer on the back glass to really try to get it flat. Not a fan of those pesky watery bubbles!

Archived