My new favorite home made tool

I talked to Patric a while back about something like this bit deemed it too expensive to make for the sole purpose of. I have made a few variations in the past but this one is BY FAR the best one I've come up with so far and like to share with you . If you tint cars , you will love this as to my knowledge no tool exists :

Weve all tinted a back window and wish we had the right length handled tool so you can have your eyes on the outside of the glass while working the inside of the glass with the spot/speck/ air spot/ etc your wanting to touch up . This usually requires a second person directing you on the outside of the window while your on the inside filling direction based on what they see OR your jumping in and out of the back seat like a jack rabbit constantly checking if you "hit the spot"

This tool has up to a 40" reach which adjusts in both length and angle and you can attach a pink chizzler on the end of it .

I took the picture without a paper towel wrapped around the chizzler "that's what I usually do when working a spot".

The handle is an adjustable hand held magnet for roofers inking up nails(I removed the magnet end and bent the end to a better angle for the chizzler)

You drill a hole for a 10mil bolt through the chizzler.

Voila!

mutype7y.jpg

za3uzuhy.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hard thing has been to find something that doesn't have "flex" to it. It has to be solid enough for the pressure you apply to it

Total cost : $12 + cost of chizzler :DD

The other one I made works good to but was more involved , welding, grinding , etc. this took nothing to modify a roofer tool into a tinter tool :thumb

Not bad, id cover that nut with tape or something so if it hits your fresh film it doesnt nick it, that could ruin your day :lol

Oh I did, the pic was taken before doing that for that exact reason, along with a paper towel wrapped around the chizzler.

I kept it that way just for a pic so you can see the connection of it :thumb

I did this when the chizzler first came out, I used a long brass wand from the spray tanks we used back then because it was very rigid, not as long as the type of extension you are using but it worked good most of the time for reaching the rear window from outside of the car, nice Idea..... :thumb

Yep, did the same thing with a wand years ago too. I have a total of 4 now I've made over the yrs. so far this one is the easiest to modify and most useful due to its pivot and lengthening/ shortening feature

Archived