What window do you tint first / last.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I clean all windows on outside. Set up back glass for dry shrink. Double cut fronts/backs/quarters. Apply back window then cut/shrink. Then shrink doors if necessary. Install back glass. Then install passenger front, working around the rear to the driver front. Clean car and touch up if needed. Start to finish-17.5 minutes. Then I start on the visor. Visors take me about 45min to put on because I turn green and huge and start smashing things. PUNY VISORS!!!

-Soap back glass if I am dryshrinking

-While it dries double cut doors/quarters. (If they are super PIA quarters I save them for last)

-Shrink/cut back glass

-Start sticking on rear passenger rollups, moving to the front

-Same with driver side

-Install back glass

-Pull it out

-Pull it back in because I forgot the visor

-Pull it back out

:D

I'll work on the side patterns while the soap is drying, then shrink and cut the rear, pre shrink sides if needed, then when all the film is cut and shrunk I'll start installing from back to front.

I'm not the fastest guy though. I spend about 2 hours per car solo.

-Soap back glass if I am dryshrinking

-While it dries double cut doors/quarters. (If they are super PIA quarters I save them for last)

-Shrink/cut back glass

-Start sticking on rear passenger rollups, moving to the front

-Same with driver side

-Install back glass

-Pull it out

-Pull it back in because I forgot the visor

-Pull it back out

:D

Grrrr...visors!!! My nemesis. Lol

A pet peeve is thinking I'm done and pulling it out then back in 20min later for a strip. Well 20min outside in s FL is like 20min on broil in an oven. Or doing a visor on a 1989 Chevy p/u with a saggy headliner and a do it yourself redneck window leak fixer(full tube of silicone).

I spray all the glasses with my slime solution and squeegee them off. I shrink, cut, install the back glass and then move to the rear doors & qtrs., then fronts then the front strip. So basically back to front.

Archived