2012 vette backglass Tips or Tricks?

Here we go, still need to get on of these down. I saw the video about the guy doing the bug back glass in like 3 minutes. This leads me to believe pulling/stretching could very well be the key? In my class at LuLu in Dallas the 2 instructors tag teamed one the last morning. Time I figured to video it, it would have been done.

These occur rarely but being I may very well return to a Chevy store, Its a needed if unused skill. That can only improve lesser shaping.

It's easy to do. Only three windows 45 minutes with 4 cigars. J.J.

Look pre shrink!!!!! Then one side on top then other . Pull bottom

So there a 12to 18 inch bubble in the mid. Over shrink the bubble out .

Couple fingers to shrink . Done !!

My tip...?

Run for the hills.

If you decide to stay, H it about 6-8" above center and shrink as much as you can along the top edge. Then pull the bottom fingers down, hold the edge of the film as you shrink it. Work your way down to the bottom. This is kind of a hard one to explain without showing you.

i started this thread breaking one of my cardinal rules. Not searching the archives. Found im not the only one Having asked about vette back glasses.

Keep em coming though, and thanks

I have tinted close to 2000 cars in my time but I have yet to do any Vettes, older Camaro's or Firebirds. I actually havent had but 1 or 2 people ask. I have always been a little intimidated by them and end up pushing them off on my buddy. The bad part is that I was never around to watch him do them. I need to bite the bullet one of these days and try one. Ive done a few VW bugs and Mitsubishi Eclipse. Are the Vettes alot more complicated then the Eclipse or what???

I have the price on a Vette back glass high enough that I have only had to do 3 in 10 years. I have only had ONE that came out great and easy. It was like a 2008 maybe.... then I had one just about identical a few months later and it went back out the door without tint....wasted 3 or 4 pieces and said enough...

I can't stand them.

Camaros and Firebirds are easy though....and Bugs get a two piece from me....

I sell them into CTX as it shrinks the best. If they don't want to do it in CTX then I simply say sorry, then I cannot do that window. After explaining to them how well the ctx line shrinks and WHY it must be used they usually go for the high price tag job making it worth while. Same goes with beetles. Beetles imho are waaay easier.

Archived