So help me with my film problems

Ok so I have been trying some new films out in the shop and I figured id see what you guys thought. I have been using global QDP for awhile now and I like the film a lot I just don't think it shrinks very good, Also the supplier in FL keeps sending me rolls in doo doo boxes that are all white with a permanent marker written name on them. They look real professional in my shop. So now I go to try some ASWF again and I think the excel shrinks awesome but here I am on my 2nd box of excel 20 and its got a roller mark or something throughout the whole box. I installed some of their Sky 10 and it looked so grainy I had to stop and get another brand. Do any other lines from Global shrink better? I come from using lu lu and suntek for a long time but this is just ridiculous

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used true black for a while. if you think it works well try the classic black.

i still have some TB in stock but almost hate using it anymore. But on the upside if you do need to remove it. it has a much lighter bond so can be peeled off with no residue. may be good if you are worried about illegal instals

sorry to hear about your dist. sounds like hes gotta get things straightened out.

True black does have a lighter adhesive than classic black. i notice slight differences during instal. Also if worried about clarity. stay in the range of 20% and up. they have a pretty clear hue. below at the 15% range you will notice more of a brown color. with TB not being color stable this hue could intensify over time.

Global shrinks great....QDP or HP. It takes a bit more heat than some will but when you hit that sweet "heat" spot then you will love it.

I can shrink it just the same as many other films I have handled. Just adjust the gun height, distance, angle, so you get the right heat....

What heat gun are you using? If its a wagner, then thats part of the problem. With global you can go slower and closer with the gun then other films. Im using carbon right now and it may shrink a tad faster with less heat, but I can shrink classic black in about the same amount if time.

Suntek's CXP film almost melted on me when I used it. I worked a shop Memorial Day week and used both the CXP and Global QDP. My normal is Global HP.... I can say that the Suntek shrinks with a LOT LESS heat than the Global but it is just finding the sweet spot and then you will love it.

I use the Wagner HT-1100 heat guns. I use two of them except for door glasses.....

Check out my shrink tech via my signature and if you can figure it out you will never look back.

Archived