ryker shrink question

When I use the ryker shrink I always get these bubbles that run horizontal and they are a passion in the rear to get out even if I do I usually get some sort of crease in the film. I used to think it was because I was dry shrinking but today I tried it wet and still got them. Please help.

http://m1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/jhardison812/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=ResizedImage_1377650930856.jpg

Every time I try and card it out takes me like 15 minutes for just this one and wound up with three creases in it.

I usually just use the dry shrink with kevlar glove but I have a time on the harder back glasses up near the corners. I was hoping this was a method I could implement and resolve the issue.

I use baby powder and when its pretty much done shrinking I pick it up, wet it and card it all to make sure its good n flat. A lil dirty an takes a few but works great.

The pic is kinda small but it looks like you may be overshrinking in some areas. Are you holding the gun straight down (90 degrees) on the glass or is it at an angle? I like to hold mine around 45 degrees to the glass so some of the heat can get ahead of the area I'm shrinking. It will lay down better and more evenly that way. Also mind the motion. Nice even motion as you work your way across and down. My two cents. Good luck!

baby powder would make a mess i would think and more trash to worry about getting under the film. i wrap a bar of ivory soap in a micro fiber cloth soak it in a tiny bit of water just to get it soapy wax it on back glass... lay film on glass ,and wrap 3m gold card in paper towel and go to town

When you are done shrinking the film you should be able to lift it off the glass and see VERY LITTLE DISTORTION in the film. If you see waves or lines with the film in the air you have not shrank it smoothly. More than likely you are shrinking too slow and thus you are over shrinking it.

Doing the "gun over, gun under" you have to be ready to move as you are heating both sides of the film. It will go very quick with all films I have ever done. Suntek scared me how fast it shrinks.

The line you have would work out. You have to know how to lay it down to the glass if you have a line like that. Lift the side of the film near you and hold it up while you work the film down to the glass in the middle. Then let the film lay down closer and closer to yourself. You might be able to just leave that and it would lay out on the inside....maybe.

Archived