4 door cutlass supreme 1 piece back window

I ran into the opportunity to tint a 1997 4 door cutlass supreme and I took it!  Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have extensively researched this car on the internet and I have never found any proof that anyone has done this back window in one piece.  I know it has probably been done before but there is no photos or videos on record that I am aware of...  Anytime this car is mentioned on the internet, many tinters will claim that they have done it but still offer not proof.  If what I am saying is true, I wanted to be the first tinter ever to offer the proof.  Please don't give me a hard time just because I want to inflate my ego.  I am just a tinter. lol          I will add my video to this thread very soon of the entire process. Thanks, Ralph Van Pelt of Flexfilm. https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1456104_539980326087204_1675321926_n.png

First off, congratulations ! No small feat.

I have done them in one peice when they were a current car back in the day and have posted pics on here years ago so its not a "virgin post " so to speak :lol

the only pic I can find in my archives is a side profile close up :

apaty3ev.jpg

Tintwizard,

Thank you for coming forward with the picture.  You are the first person I have run across in my 27 years that said they could do it and provided a picture. lol 

I really did not want to make a big deal about it but I really wanted to know if it could be done.  All the people that said they could do it did not satisfy me because I needed to see evidence.  I do not mean to disrespect anybody who has done it but I needed to know for sure.  I wanted to know so bad that I acquired the car to try myself and did not know if it was even possible. The Porsche 944  and the 4 door Saturn are on my list as well. 

I think there is a fellow tinter or 2 that also has done them. NOT easy , lots of patience , great personal challenge and that's all they're good for. Thank God most of them are now a Campbell's soup can :lol

Again, good on ya for the accomplishment.

I have NOT done one in a single piece....don't even want to try ever again.  I have had the film on the outside of the glass laying down smooth but the inside was a total beast!

I did do the Saturn in one back when I started....it is a bit smaller and supposed to be just a bit easier than the cutlass. 

Glad it was you and not me tinting that beast.

Did you say you have video? That is one I would watch.

Back when those were new, and the Saturn that looked like it were around. There was a tinter I worked with that did them in 2 pcs with a defroster splice. ...now remember, this is before "shrinking" was the rage. He was also the first tinter I ever witnessed a one piece Ford Probe rear 1/4 glass...no shrinking.

Archived