Safety film advisory labels?

My question is, is there a clear, small label out there that can be applied to a safety filmed glass? I asked my supplier about it and got a blank response.

I get a lot of safety film jobs from Building Contractors who failed building inspections due to annealed glass being installed over tubs, near doors, less than 18" above floor, etc.

So, often times these are houses that aren't even sold yet so I worry about a future owner or cleaning crew coming along one day and damaging the film that they didn't see or know anything about.

Also, what about future building inspectors that will be looking for the "tempered" etch and potentially fail an inspection, not knowing that it was already addressed?

If there's no label available, I need to be inventing one. If there is, let me know!!

-by the way, my temporary solution has been to write on the glass with dry-erase that safety film is installed, and a brief explanation that the owner is to remove the dry-erase upon turnover.

Thanks fellers. I thought about making some but if they are already available i would like to try EWF as Tom said.

Do you have a contact # or link to a catalog where they are shown?

I may have a few in my tool box. I will look over the weekend

We don't like advertising the fact there is Security film on the glass.

Its better the Smash and grab guy gets surprised rather than come prepared.

We only use them now " the small clear ones I was referring to in my post " if it is required for an inspection to certify that the window now meets code requirements that it did not before the film installation, not for security reasons duh.

Do you ever run into situations like this in Canada ............. ?

Archived