Company vehicles - Who's got them and what do they look like?

So I decided to invest in a company vehicle that I could use to show products and also advertise with. I also wanted a winter project and always wanted to build a sport truck. So I went and bought a 2003 GMC Sierra Reg Cab. It was a good price and doesn't need alot to get it to where I need it to be to advertise with. Since it snowed here today, I thought I would spend some time and get it all cleaned up on the inside. The people I bought it from were a retired couple that drove it about 100K miles. The guy was a car guy and took pretty good care of it. Gave me all the receipts from what he had done. The bad was that he got in a sand storm out west and some of the paint got chipped up pretty bad but he had most of it fixed. He had the hood repainted and a new windshield put in but the fenders should have also been painted as you will see in the pics. They were also bad smokers! I spent 4 hours cleaning the inside. I used to detail cars back in the day and for a regular cab 4 hours was about 2 hours to much. I hate detailing smokers cars, ugh! But it turned out great and the wife couldn't even smell anymore smoke. So I guess I did a good job. Plus, it came with these great hand painted pins stripes and designs. I'll be taking some oven off to those as well to make sure the paint is good and smooth before I lay the vinyl. It also has a little paint pop around these awesome chrome wheel well flares. I checked out behind and underneath them and figured I can pull the flares and chip off the paint and then sand and fill in the inperfections with some body filler. Once filled I'll primer them and then I'm going to apply vinyl to the whole truck. I'm going with flat black vinyle and some accents of carbon fiber. I'll cover the roof with that and the mirror backs. The rest will just be black. I also have a steel roll pan coming and it will also get primed and then wrapped. I also have a lowering kit coming for it. Haven't decided on wheels yet but I have some time as it's still winter and I want something that will really stand out when I drive it around. Here are some pics. I haven't figured out how I'm going to lay out the company name yet but I know I'll get it tinted and at least the back window done up with my logo and such. Let me know what you guys think. I'm open for suggestions on the layout as well.

925803A3-FCF0-4C70-8CA5-BDF95E14B272-217

E64D8CA6-A4F3-4593-B27D-975A8D4E6A2C-217

4E5597F9-D300-4F50-82D4-FF0E2BBC69F7-217

3A078492-CDE2-43FE-9531-BE20D6F67953-217

74CAD2F0-E78D-4CB7-9B4A-BA8653460672-217

0CD0184B-EC55-429C-A005-11BCB706B18B-217

816E6B03-5146-4EFD-A1AF-E44D44EB8ED5-217

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oops I lied, I have this one aswell. Though the background is all cropped out. But shows the hood

IMG_1700.jpg

Nice! I like it. Clean, gets the message across. Do you track how much business you get from it? Do you do other advertising or is your van it?

:thumb nice!

I'm curious about the return in investment too. Might be thinking about something like that also.

I wrapped my van last year. I get calls on a regular basis when I'm driving down the hi way from someone behind me. It's always someone asking how much it is to tint a car. ( van only advertises residential commercial ). We just got a new van and I'm not going to bother wrapping it, just the basic lettering that is required to park in commercial parking spots

Archived