Hi All,

I've just increased my policy to a massive 20 million dollar cover (not that I'm expecting anything to go wrong) and it costs me a tishload.

But it's all about protecting yourself and what you've worked for.

I doubt many tinters could look that far ahead and goodonya for doing so.

I'd have to look it up but I think for memory I'm with AMP.

Cheers.

Devil

I had to up my public liability cover to 50 million recently to be eligible to work on the Sydney Opera House. A single piece of the glass that was recently replaced was 2.3m wide x 5.6m high, 24mm thick laminated pre tinted solar bronze glass that was specially cut to size. Cost for the 1 piece of glass was $64,000.

Each and every piece of glass on the surface of the opera house is made as a 1 off. And not a single side is parallel to another. It is a tinters dream/nightmare.

Before I applied any film, I closely inspected every squared millimeter of the glass, and logged any and all defects, scratches and chips. I circled each imperfection and took photos and showed the people from the heritage council.

My policy is with Allianz, I have a complete business insurance package, and Allianz happily added glass breakage coverage into my policy.

Cheap? No!

Worth it? Yes!

SOH_1_zps8c99c49f.jpg

SOH_2_zpsfc7cd754.jpg

I'm with Lumley Insurance, part of the Wesfarmers group, their business package is very comprehensive and competitive, covers me for all property (dealers cars etc ) left on my premises, damage through the course of business (broken glass, fender benders etc) public liability, directors insurance and more.

Better rates than I have had previously

You gotta have it ALL Shades.

It hurts like hell paying the yearly premium but imagine a pane like GTS has filmed at the opera house and that goes ping?

A lot of flat glass commercial sites now won't allow you to work there unless you have a minimum of a 20 mill cover. :reading

Good post.

Dev

Archived