QDP Ceramic Review(Just my personal opinion)

I recently got the chance to install this film on a couple cars. One was a 2014 Mustang, The other an Mid 2000's BMW 335 Convertible(Hard Top).

First impression, This film is thick. 2.0 mil if I remember right. Thought to myself that is thick for auto, I am gonna need a flame throw to shrink this stuff. So I got to work. I found that this film shrinks really really well and evenly. I use a port cable heat gun. Not the hottest, and usually cools down a bit during a back window. So I install the back window of the BMW and then move onto the sides. I double cut all side windows. I noticed that not matter how much slip I got out from in between the 2 layers of film, it still wanted to slide if I didn't make sure to grab both pieces of film. No biggie. Cutting on the open edge of the door glass was easy. Installing the film on the door glass it floated really easy. I usually do two passes one side glass. First I pull with my blue max, second pass I push with my blue max. The film bit to the glass really well after the first pass. I did the BMW a few weeks ago. The Mustang I did today. Everything went smooth and film installed great. The only trouble I had was cutting the quarter glass. It was a mobile install. And cutting through both pieces at once was a bear. If I had a peel board I could of pressed harder with no worries. But being very cautious I managed to cut both and get the job done. Both of these cars I was able to install in less than 1.5 hrs. All while examining and trying to pick the film apart. I did have to do a touch up in the corner of one of the back windows. I applied some serious heat to the glass, let it start to cool and was able to press the imperfection out.

Final thought. This film was a dream to work with. It looked great. It installed great. It shrank really really even. It floated on the dryer sheet really well. No static. I am pretty sure I am going to pick up this line of film.

I wish they would come out with a 50% so we could use it here in old Utah.

Hi Jake,

Wish granted.  It's coming in my March container.  Send me an email at howard@buytint.com and I will reserve some for you.

Regards,

Howard

I recently got the chance to install this film on a couple cars. One was a 2014 Mustang, The other an Mid 2000's BMW 335 Convertible(Hard Top).

First impression, This film is thick. 2.0 mil if I remember right. Thought to myself that is thick for auto, I am gonna need a flame throw to shrink this stuff. So I got to work. I found that this film shrinks really really well and evenly. I use a port cable heat gun. Not the hottest, and usually cools down a bit during a back window. So I install the back window of the BMW and then move onto the sides. I double cut all side windows. I noticed that not matter how much slip I got out from in between the 2 layers of film, it still wanted to slide if I didn't make sure to grab both pieces of film. No biggie. Cutting on the open edge of the door glass was easy. Installing the film on the door glass it floated really easy. I usually do two passes one side glass. First I pull with my blue max, second pass I push with my blue max. The film bit to the glass really well after the first pass. I did the BMW a few weeks ago. The Mustang I did today. Everything went smooth and film installed great. The only trouble I had was cutting the quarter glass. It was a mobile install. And cutting through both pieces at once was a bear. If I had a peel board I could of pressed harder with no worries. But being very cautious I managed to cut both and get the job done. Both of these cars I was able to install in less than 1.5 hrs. All while examining and trying to pick the film apart. I did have to do a touch up in the corner of one of the back windows. I applied some serious heat to the glass, let it start to cool and was able to press the imperfection out.

Final thought. This film was a dream to work with. It looked great. It installed great. It shrank really really even. It floated on the dryer sheet really well. No static. I am pretty sure I am going to pick up this line of film.

Hi H&F,

I would like to seriously commend you on this post.  Set a side the fact that you are giving a favorable review of a product we sell.

Your descriptions, phraseology, terminology and the overall manner in which you convey your opinion is just outstanding.  To me, it reads like perfect "Tinter-Speak".  You are like a professional movie reviewer reviewing a film, or like a dining editor at a newspaper reviewing a new restaurant.

Absolutely phenomenal job expressing aspects of the product that installers want to hear about. 

Thanks,

Howard

Archived