Signals Defense SD2500 Discontinued?

The last time I checked Madico was not manufacturing a run of an RF blocking film. 

Also when I was inquiring about the SD2500 film I was told Signal Defense was the only ones that could install it, perhaps things have changed since then.

SD2500 is and always has been limited to Astic - Signals Defenses; SD1000 was offered up to Vista dealers for a period of time, but since it wasn't selling through that network it was placed back in the hands of Astic (about 5 years ago). There are certified SD installers for the product; however, all contract transactions go through Astic (to the best of my knowledge).

SD2500 is and always has been limited to Astic - Signals Defenses; SD1000 was offered up to Vista dealers for a period of time, but since it wasn't selling through that network it was placed back in the hands of Astic (about 5 years ago). There are certified SD installers for the product; however, all contract transactions go through Astic (to the best of my knowledge).

I have worked with one of these contracts in the past. Upon installs we basically were working for astic on a sub contract basis. I think I still have one of my old t shirts in my drawer. The 10 mil window film is very thick and must be pressed out with han preasure to properly adhere to the window. It's very sharp and will cut the shit out of your fingers. I likes to ghost, so you must use a tom of water and slip. The 2 mil window film is a lot like commercial film with ps adhesive.

Best RF film outside SD is sputtered bronze 20 or 35.

VS 70, Hilte 70, VKool 70 are limited RF protection.

there is nothing that comes close to the rf and ir attenuation that signal defense films have, If you are selling a client on bronze films then you will reap the results .What if they have a breach in security ?????  I have installed 1'000 s of sq. ft. of SD film and you would want to ask yourself . Why does the D.O.D. spec signal defense films ???? I'm a contractor not a salesman, Show me the broadband spectrum of any bronze film compared to any signal defense film. 

And as Fox said, it is available , you might have to prove your capabilities for installations.

Guest Dsimpson

Signalsdefense.com is still in business and they still manufacture the SD2500 product.

They are a wireless solutions company. Eastman manufactures many RF attenuating products to there specifications which allows them to pretest a facility to determine what attenuation levels are needed for the windows,walls floors and ceilings etc.

Some folks think you simply do the windows to protect your network. Wrong

Archived