is llumar starting to direct all large commercial jobs to themselves

the new llumar.com, and  vista-films.com   "find a dealer" is starting to direct all commercial jobs through themselves. I'm starting to wonder if ill ever land a large commercial job???

what are all of your thoughts?

Hmm... the site says a rep in your area will contact you.... I'd hope that would mean a dealer close to the project???

I dunno... I think it's a perk to get leads from your film manu... but I wouldn't be surprised if they work those leads themselves.

I work for a Llumar/Vista dealer. I don't believe the manny does any of the installs themselves. My guess is that they go through the reps to make sure the dealers are actually following through with the leads.

All suppliers should be doing all they can to help produce more work for their customers.

Selling film direct to dealers and to hardware stores is bad practice, and I can totally understand why Lulu would want their best guys installing their product. It is a no brainer.

Hmmmm, that would be crazy- Manufacture film and install it. What a profit margin that would be!

You mean film mannys that sell film to car dealerships to hire low ball tinters full time on small wages, how about going to the extreme and having film manufacturers actually bid and tender to large commercial and government jobs......

That would make it hard to be an independent wouldn't you say?

You mean film mannys that sell film to car dealerships to hire low ball tinters full time on small wages, how about going to the extreme and having film manufacturers actually bid and tender to large commercial and government jobs......

That would make it hard to be an independent wouldn't you say?

Fat calls it the "Big-Boys Mindset".  know it first here

03 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

I believe llumar will eventually merge with suntek one day, creating a true giant. They are so near, these people know each other so well, they have relatives working at the opposite factory; ths is true synergy.

Archived