A little on the wild side. Porsche 911 Turbo S - Matte green metallic

sorry for the dumb question, but when you do a full wrap, are the door jambs and sills wrapped? I looked at the FB pics and it seems they weren't. Reason i ask, i want my car wrapped with my logo but the car is white and the printing will be on black film. Don't really want the b/w contrast when i open the doors.

sorry for the dumb question, but when you do a full wrap, are the door jambs and sills wrapped? I looked at the FB pics and it seems they weren't. Reason i ask, i want my car wrapped with my logo but the car is white and the printing will be on black film. Don't really want the b/w contrast when i open the doors.

Yes the door jams and sills are wrapped. But we wrapped them in gloss black to match the roof and hood.  

Looks great, Have looked at that avery colour a few times but colour swatches never do it justice till you see it in full scale!

Side question, what do you use for light tinting (smoking)? 

This car we just used the Oracal Translucent film. Sometimes we use Lamin-x.  

Just my two cents on the door jams and sills. They are not normally offered as a full wrap. A full wrap is usually know as the outside of the car. It is something that can be offered at an extra price. The reason is your doors are closed 99% of the time so customers are ok with this.

If you have a white or black car then the contrast isnt that bad. You have to remember that wrappings main purpose is a reversible option to protect paint and in return the investment of the car. The fact you can use it to change the colour or style the car is a bonus and a credit to why it is so successful and popular. 

This is also the reason why you see the majority of pics with just the outside done. I am all for having it done if a customer wants it but it is not necessary to do and will limit your customers if you add it as your base service as it will raise your base cost. Keep it simple and offer wraps as all outside visual paint as a base with a note saying that door jams and sills can be done at an added cost  :thumb

Again just my take on it and from what i have seen as the norm for paint replacement wraps here in Australia

Just my two cents on the door jams and sills. They are not normally offered as a full wrap. A full wrap is usually know as the outside of the car. It is something that can be offered at an extra price. The reason is your doors are closed 99% of the time so customers are ok with this.

If you have a white or black car then the contrast isnt that bad. You have to remember that wrappings main purpose is a reversible option to protect paint and in return the investment of the car. The fact you can use it to change the colour or style the car is a bonus and a credit to why it is so successful and popular. 

This is also the reason why you see the majority of pics with just the outside done. I am all for having it done if a customer wants it but it is not necessary to do and will limit your customers if you add it as your base service as it will raise your base cost. Keep it simple and offer wraps as all outside visual paint as a base with a note saying that door jams and sills can be done at an added cost  :thumb

Again just my take on it and from what i have seen as the norm for paint replacement wraps here in Australia

I agree. Thats the way I treat every wrap. If someone wants to pay for it, I will do it. But its rarely needed or requested.  

Archived