post-37323-0-84204200-1398855774_thumb.jpg

This picture clearly shows the difference between an ordinary piece of glass reflecting images and a non reflective piece of glass next to it.

When are the American Window Film Manufactures going to develop a window film

which is going to reduce reflection on glass as per the above picture. As far as I'm aware, this is only available in glass by a few glass manufacturers.

There is a huge market out there "waiting for the take" if we could get a film that could solve this problem.

Many Car Dealers or Retailers experience problems with

reflection in there showroom windows when viewed from the outside.

Have you ever stood in front of a showroom window when you can't see the merchandise inside and all you see is a reflection of yourself?

Well this is "the problem" that retailers have and the Window Film Industry needs a solution, in my opinion.

So who's going to be the first Window Film Manufacturer to come to the party?

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

+

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, you're posing some good questions but what's your motivation?

In the simplest of terms, an internally applied window film will NEVER be capable of reducing the external reflectivity of glass. This reflectivity is generated by light bouncing off Surface 2, rendering any film application to Surface 1 redundant. It's for this same reason that toughened glass has a slightly lower reflectivity than laminated glass, because the rough side usually faces outward and causes slightly less uniformity of light refraction.

Thank you guys, I'm very happy to be associated with your forum.

I've just got this new job and need to impress my boss as he's is paying me a lot.

I'm new at chat forums, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

attachicon.gifnon reflective glass for showrooms.jpg

This picture clearly shows the difference between an ordinary piece of glass reflecting images and a non reflective piece of glass next to it.

When are the American Window Film Manufactures going to develop a window film

which is going to reduce reflection on glass as per the above picture. As far as I'm aware, this is only available in glass by a few glass manufacturers.

There is a huge market out there "waiting for the take" if we could get a film that could solve this problem.

Many Car Dealers or Retailers experience problems with

reflection in there showroom windows when viewed from the outside.

Have you ever stood in front of a showroom window when you can't see the merchandise inside and all you see is a reflection of yourself?

Well this is "the problem" that retailers have and the Window Film Industry needs a solution, in my opinion.

So who's going to be the first Window Film Manufacturer to come to the party?

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

+

Whew, South Africa is way behind.  We were driving that car in the late 70's through the 80's....

There are many films that are not reflective.  I just did a job with a 28% VLT, commercial film, that had 9% ext reflectivity (glass by itself is 8%) and is a metal film.  Heat rejection not as good as what a silver 35 or 20 would be, but it was very cost effective for their needs.

[url=http://s544.photobucket.com/user/TintJunkie/media/IMG_2296_zps713d9971.jpg.html]

IMG_2296_zps713d9971.jpg[/uR

L]

Maybe I don't understand.  I just re-read your post.  Are you asking for an exterior non reflective film to "hide" existing reflective glass?

There are some products already available on the market. The draw back is they are all exterior films with very short term warranties, and also the are very expensive.

Archived