Does anybody know of a film supplier that manufacturers a 25% VLT othe

Sun Tek is garbage.  %&$# curls off the glass and scratches when you look at it.  Looking for a auto vlt that is 25% besides junk Sun Tek.  Any suggestions?

Hey Tintdork,

I really don't want to add to the ST bashing but they have an issue with silicon transfer where parts of the silicon coated liner is becoming attached to the adhesive when removing the liner.

The other issue is the fact that the polyester has a natural curl away from the glass. This is causing the edges of the film to curl away after application. The other issue is tunneling...

I say these things because I not only had to deal with this BS as an installer, but as a supplier, and I can only say that I will never walk that path again.

The solution would be to use film from Johnson or Llumar. Their films contain a BOPP liner which eliminates silicon transfer, and also removes the chance of tunneling. Express may also have some products that are engineered to curl onto the glass and contain BOPP liner in the near future... Making the install a dream.

Sun Tek is garbage.  %&$# curls off the glass and scratches when you look at it.  Looking for a auto vlt that is 25% besides junk Sun Tek.  Any suggestions?

Hey Tintdork,

I really don't want to add to the ST bashing but they have an issue with silicon transfer where parts of the silicon coated liner is becoming attached to the adhesive when removing the liner.

The other issue is the fact that the polyester has a natural curl away from the glass. This is causing the edges of the film to curl away after application. The other issue is tunneling...

I say these things because I not only had to deal with this BS as an installer, but as a supplier, and I can only say that I will never walk that path again.

The solution would be to use film from Johnson or Llumar. Their films contain a BOPP liner which eliminates silicon transfer, and also removes the chance of tunneling. Express may also have some products that are engineered to curl onto the glass and contain BOPP liner in the near future... Making the install a dream.

Sorry TintDork,

You were referring to Auto not Flat. My mistake..

It is just when I read your post, It made me flash back to the ST flat glass films.. :scared

Just find a film that is not 1 ply and does not contain color in the scratch coat..

All the best.

Hi Tintdork,

You're right there in Stamford.  We are in Danbury.  Why not come over and visit?   Lunch on me.  Please allow me to take the opportunity to explain what is so special about the rock solid Global Window Films we distribute.

Thanks,

Howard

Archived