Is it a bad idea to take an extra day off?

I on the there side of fence the most important is my family. I think if its yr bussness then open all the time.

To want a tinter to work 6 or 7 days a week is crazy. Like 8 to5.

I'm a single dad that I drops my kids off at school and I have to pick them up. I gess imgood enough that one of my accounts really likes my work.to take care of us.when my kids where little I only worked on Fridays.would do 8 2 13 cars a day. Didn't make me rich but paid the bills. Child. Care wasway to much.I have twins.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have worked 6 days a week for years. NOW I am only willing to work m-f . Maybe occasionaly a Saturday if need be. At 40 years old I have decided that my time with my family is worth more to me than monetary gain. Just my two cents.

I have already retired from another profession while i tinted part time. Now, i tint more on a full time basis or something close to full time. I useually only tint 25-40 hours per week and im fine with that. Sometimes i do a little more if need be. If things get too busy i have a couple buddies that tint and i farm out work to them in my shop. It works out great for me because i value my free time and do not need to do this if i didnt want to. I do it because i enjoy tinting and im too young to retire full time. Its all about your priorities and what is more important to you at the given time.

Gotta admit though. As much as I am about making sure you enjoy what u do, ultra tint had a pretty good point that snapped me back into reality and got me thinking, shit I better get back to work. A business comes with a lot of sacrifice. I've only had mine for a year so I can't say I'm an expert, but everyone ive met whose financially successful(which is honestly what an own business is mostly about) always say

The only way they became successful is by sacrificing whatever they could and putting every bit of energy into their business.

Makes sense

I agree as a owner you have to do what you have to do to keep the doors open, sacrifices have to be made. Financial stability is what every business owner is/and should be striving for on a daily basis, especially if you have a family. Family changes things though, they not only depend on you financially but physically if that makes sense. I know of a business owner that did as many hours as it took to run his business because of the $$$ he was making, he's since been married twice, and only get to see his kids on the weekend and holidays with a crap of child support wishing he would of managed his time and family just as well as his business.

Thank you guys for the great input/opinions, I decided to take every other Monday off, this gives me two extra days off a month, total of 6. Once again, Thank you!

Archived