lenght of time your film will last?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We bought our daughter a brand new Mazda 2 6 years ago and I installed Madico Onyx 35 all around it.

It has now travelled 102,000 kms(60,000 miles) with hardly any garage/shade protection in all that time and it looks still perfect.

Not even a shade difference up inside the top of the door which never gets exposed to the sun.

The rear is perfect with no sign of adhesive degradation even in areas of heat shrinking.

The wife's runabout Honda Jazz(Fit in the US)was installed with the same product 5 years ago (40,000 kms) and is exactly the same.

The Ferrari is more cared for and it has no signs either but that is to be expected.

Devil

We bought our daughter a brand new Mazda 2 6 years ago and I installed Madico Onyx 35 all around it.

It has now travelled 102,000 kms(60,000 miles) with hardly any garage/shade protection in all that time and it looks still perfect.

Not even a shade difference up inside the top of the door which never gets exposed to the sun.

The rear is perfect with no sign of adhesive degradation even in areas of heat shrinking.

The wife's runabout Honda Jazz(Fit in the US)was installed with the same product 5 years ago (40,000 kms) and is exactly the same.

The Ferrari is more cared for and it has no signs either but that is to be expected.

Devil

Madico has a very good polyester supplier for their top-tiered autotints, providing splendid fading longevity.

Devil

Madico has a very good polyester supplier for their top-tiered autotints, providing splendid fading longevity.

Hey FilmTack.. Who would that madico polyester supplier be again?

Thanks in advance.

Devil

Hey FilmTack.. Who would that madico polyester supplier be again?

Thanks in advance.

Please check answer with Madico because we have to respect their trade secrets.

Particularly of late, the optical clarity of Madico's Onyx 35 and Charcool 35 auto films has been the best I've ever seen in any film regardless of brand.....its the same as glass and I know that is a huge call.

The local change of distributorship is another matter.

Devil

Particularly of late, the optical clarity of Madico's Onyx 35 and Charcool 35 auto films has been the best I've ever seen in any film regardless of brand.....its the same as glass and I know that is a huge call.

Devil

Few factories are willing to use non-fading polyesters from a renowned Japanese polyester supplier because of the high costs. 

Yes, Madico do not compromise in this aspect for their top autotints.

Devil

Few factories are willing to use non-fading polyesters from a renowned Japanese polyester supplier because of the high costs. 

Yes, Madico do not compromise in this aspect for their top autotints.

For larger US mannies the renowned polyester supplier most likely is unable to furnish needed volume of material.

For larger US mannies the renowned polyester supplier most likely is unable to furnish needed volume of material.

Hi Smart,

Hence, the acquisition. 

-Howard

Archived