Too small for another tinter - but semi-busy... wtd?

So... the other day I started a big resi job... and I was looking for help. Called all my local tinter friends, and this being summer, they are already busy with work.

What do you do when you're not busy enough to bring on someone, but need help?

The one guy I normally tint with has been doing other work, just cause for some reason the people he gets bills from every month actually like getting payments. Go figure. lol

I told him to quit that job... but at least right now I don't have enough for him to do to replace that income. 

Obviously, I want to be busier.. and I'm working on it... but it is what it is.

Thoughts???

-R

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent suggestion.. with just two minor flaws. One, I don't want to tint cars, and two, I don't want to tint cars. Now I know that's technically one flaw but it's such a big one I thought it was worth mentioning twice. Hahahahah (Red Dwarf reference - see video below) 

I know car tinting can be very good... I have both local and online friends that do very well with it. I've watched them tint cars over the past 10+ years... I could probably fudge my way thru it at this point. I've seriously considered taking Stan's course... but it just all comes down to the fact I don't have any interest in tinting cars. Plus if I were to do that then it would take away from building the FG side.

I dunno.. I'm not worried about big scale jobs... I'm pretty sure I have enough contacts that would help... but for the smaller 400 sq/ft type jobs.. 

That is why I suggest doing auto. It would justify a full time employee. This would bring you more annual imcome, and you have someone around full time to assist with those 400 sqft jobs. You wouldn't even have to tint every vehicle. There is plenty of profit in auto tinting to pay someone else to do the work and you are still making money.

Hire a tinter and beat the street and drum up enough to keep you both busy. No offense but I bet you'll find it really difficult to grow your business if you are too timid to hire a full timer. Holding out for that perfect part timer will leave you in these pickles. Hire someon and MAKE it work. Good luck Roach. :thumb

Thanks everyone. 

Yes, you're right - CTC - I wasn't thinking about it that way. I do talk to Chris.. he got out of Auto.. but has gone back to it. :)

TE - I have NO doubt in my mind that a huge part is lack of confidence in myself to make it work. And that's just something I really need to get over or... or nothing. I don't have a choice but to get over it. lol 

Archived