Leaving qdp in trunk

Hi everyone! I'm starting a mobile tinting venture and was wondering if leaving my rolls of film in the trunk would alter the integrity of the adhesive. The hottest it gets is around 95d through the middle of summer. I'm using global qdp. Thanks in advance!

Hi Civicrice,

My initial impression is that it should not be a problem.  I base this upon the fact that we receive it in a metal shipping container which probably gets about as hot as your trunk does.  The journey from the port of dispatch to the port of entry averages 30-40 days.

Hopefully you go thru it so quickly that it minimizes any impact.

The one thing I would definitely not leave in a hot trunk would be a pressurized spray bottle of any kind.  We get complaints about blown seals on a regular basis and we know that heat exposure is a big factor.

-Howard

I have had problems with the release liner not wanting to come off easily on some films after the film was exposed to the high heat that can build up in trunks. 

Hi Ocalastinter,

I am not sure which brand of film in particular you experienced this with, but I would give the supplier a call.  In most cases, this would indicate a liner problem (insufficient silicone coating).  When the liner is properly coated, it really should not stick to anything.  It does get hot in a trunk, but nowhere near hot enough to dissolve (or melt off) the coating which should be preventing the liner from grabbing the film.

-Howard

Archived