Stainless steel snap blade review

Hi Ralph,

Very, very nice job on that video.  I have also been told repeatedly by the blade vendors that nothing has changed.  I did pose the question to the base film suppliers and their response was the same.

One thing I did learn, which is not often mentioned, pertains to changes in the glass.  There has been an emphasis on decreasing vehicle weight (to increase mileage) and to reduce interior noise levels.  The desire to meet these objectives has led to changes in the composition of the glass.  There is no doubt that complaints about scratched glass are the rise, so extra caution is advised.

Thanks for a great vid.

-Howard

Automotive glass has been re engineered to be more efficient. Better glass makes a cars ac system work better thus better fuel economy and a happier EPA. The downside is softer glass ( likely absorbing heat ) and scratches from olfas.

A comparison of whether Olfa has lost some of the sharpness and durability from the past can only be done by using some Olfa blades that are older. The older Olfa blades came with a blue label on the box and the current ones come with a white label. I do agree that the material being cut and the softness of the glass seems to be playing a part as well, but there definitely seems to have been some change in Olfa from the days when the box had a blue label. :twocents

A comparison of whether Olfa has lost some of the sharpness and durability from the past can only be done by using some Olfa blades that are older. The older Olfa blades came with a blue label on the box and the current ones come with a white label. I do agree that the material being cut and the softness of the glass seems to be playing a part as well, but there definitely seems to have been some change in Olfa from the days when the box had a blue label. :twocents

Youre right about that patric, I still have a few blades left in a blue label box that i wont touch. They have definitley made a change somewhere along the way

Archived