4mil clear on top of solar films as extra scratch guard coating

Hello people. I often use a 4mil safety clear film as an extra layer of scratch guard protection on some heavy traffic glass doorways (car keys, delivery carts etc...), and patio doors for heavy sharp nailed pets. Has anyone else out there done this, and what is your favorite extra scratch guard coatings for heavy traffic? I am considering 4mil clear graffiti instead of the 4mil clear safety film. My concern is the graffiti film has a lower tack and I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully done this? 

thanks!!

My only concern with adding AG or SEC as a sacrificial layer would be that the whole lot of it would have to be replaced when the anti scratch coat gets removed during the removal. Even if an immediate install of a slightly "taller " band. With the anti scratch coat gone I doubt the new band would look anything close to nice.

Thanks for the feedback people!

I always cover the entire door, this way I know that they won't be calling back when someone walks out the door with their keys in their hands or kicks the bottom and scratches the tint! I've been doing this for a few years now and haven't got any calls to replace anything, and if so, I would just redo the 2 layers again. I only charge 1/2 the cost than the 1st tinted layer on the second 4mil coating. (example if I charge $150 to tint 1 full glass door, I add $50 instead of double the initial cost for the extra scratch guard coating.

cheers!

Llumar used to have a uv clear that we would use on store front doors...you cant really limit it to the handle area and bottom because kids tend to the a good bit of damage as well..uv clear is fairly inexpsensive so we always did full door.

Llumar used to have a uv clear that we would use on store front doors...you cant really limit it to the handle area and bottom because kids tend to the a good bit of damage as well..uv clear is fairly inexpsensive so we always did full door.

LLumar still has it under the name UV 85 SR HPR

Archived