MMM and MMMVenture

I always get just a little bit of wiggles or lift lines.

I will say that my 3m installs look better or the same as the other installers I've seen at the high end dealers. I still want mine perfect though.

I use warm water, jj or joy, and bottled water. Any tips on this specific film or should I give up on absolute perfection since the guys who do more and are "better" looks the same?

Thanks

James

That's a pretty bold statement .... I have seen all different brands of films installed as close to perfect as can be expected on this dirty 3rd rock from the sun....

There are some super talented installers who have invested heavily in their training and in themselves to get there ... You can't be a jack of all trades and master them all... :twocents

Not sure whats so bold? Is it because I have not seen it installed perfect at the dealers I do? I have layed close to 2,000 linear feet of ppf since in CO. I am just uber picky and need to get further. I dont get customers complaining ever its just my own personal battle with ppf.

I mean no offense I just hate the replies that imply I have no clue what im doing. I see lots of "professionals" in CO. since I moved here and I know it can be better. It was in Chicagoland.

Im was never terrific at installing PPF, but after Venture switched to the 3M adhesive, I could never get a good install out of it, and Ive done 400+ installs with PPF.  I switched to Nano-Fusion and fell in love with the film.  It has been on my white truck since 2010 and has only a slight color change (yellowing) next to the white paint.  Very forgiving to lift back up and lay down.

Just my opinion, but I would never consider myself great at PPF.

I hear Xpel is a dynamite film as well.

I hated working with MMM and Venture films, and stopped as soon as the Avery Nano came out.  Don't work with the Nano now either due to their quality control issues. That being said, I love the Suntek film I have been using for 2.5 to 3 years or so.  Xpel Ultimate I hear is a great film also, but I had so much trouble (& expense from having to throw away film) in the past that I don't feel confidence buying it any more, especially since I have a film I like working with now)

Even high end car dealerships have low end installers from time to time.  I've seen some really (No, really) bad installs at my local (Dallas) Ferrari dealership.  Have to go in and take some pictures sometime.  There was a Mercedes dealership that called me in to re-do a job that was done very poorly by their regular guy.  I re-did the full job, and it looked great, but they didn't want to pay more than $10 over the terrible installation that they were getting at the time.  So I saw them no longer.

The ultimate quality of the installation comes down to an individual installer and their commitment to wanting to do a good job over doing a fast job, and it's usually down to a faster job.  I've had quite a few customers over the years that simply could not tell that film was on their car after I did an install.  The only way to get there is to do full front end installations and wrap all the edges, or trim very precisely close to edges where necessary.

I love it when I read on some of the car forums where people will down the product saying its junk and they have never ever seen one that looks good..... EXACTLY!!!!  You will only see the bad ones, Duh!  

My favorite though is the guy who traded in a Porsche we had filmed but didn't want it on the new on.  "I don't need it.  The other car didn't get any chips."  I hope they killed him on his finance rate.

I love it when I read on some of the car forums where people will down the product saying its junk and they have never ever seen one that looks good..... EXACTLY!!!!  You will only see the bad ones, Duh!  

My favorite though is the guy who traded in a Porsche we had filmed but didn't want it on the new on.  "I don't need it.  The other car didn't get any chips."  I hope they killed him on his finance rate.

Lol, that's classic.  Hopefully he gets a few big nasty chips in the first month to proove the product.  Sometimes people get lucky and get away with driving a certain distance without issues, but it always gets you in the end.

Archived