Specials?

Every TAC does that rock,

My local is even worse..... Burns everyone around him and the film they use being inferior to TAC's then slings em a special with the same film.....

Good point about p1ssing custys off though.

Yeah, by local franchise I meant local to Australia.

Is he really bagging his opposition? Highly unethical and contrary to the provisions of membership of the WFAANZ .

I would definitely call him on that one. I don't ever tolerate people bagging me or my product.

Yeah, can't say someone's come to me and told me "he said" but quite opens blows away other products and lines to customers, and even myself, well, used to anyway.....

"Llumar is the best and I've been here with llumar for 20 years, and your warranty is with our TAC network"

Kind of a hard argument to compete against.... Plus he don't know how to tint a window contrary to the name, but he's got a great installer, whose actually a great guy that I've met after work hours and get along with.....

Going to take him on soon now that I've got a base.... Once I get a little funding for some advert I'm gonna push.....

Only thing I got up on him, is better product, plus funnily enough, better price.....

My best film is in his mid range price, due to his inflated franchise prices.....

Big Owl just may be providing a special tool I can use to prove mine are better too..... :thumb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prices are just special to begin with. No discount needed.

99$ special?
Wtf? I don't think you can be a smart arse with the $99 special mark..... You just said you do it yourself? And then tried to justify it by saying "oh but we want to upsell....."

WTF? It's about the local tinter next to you. Your just another bottom feeder doing your own lowball sales.

Well if you actually read my post you would realize that I do not make the prices as I clearly stated "the company that I work for".

Here in the states Group-on is a very legit and popular form of advertisement. Using groupon is totally different than a 99$ special that typically will turn into a garbage install with purple film in 6 months. We do quality installs with quality film.

My response to this comment was due to the fact that the original poster was asking what specials our shops run. I don't understand what "my prices are just special to begin with" means. Therefore my first thought was 99$

99$ special?
Wtf? I don't think you can be a smart arse with the $99 special mark..... You just said you do it yourself? And then tried to justify it by saying "oh but we want to upsell....."

WTF? It's about the local tinter next to you. Your just another bottom feeder doing your own lowball sales.

Well if you actually read my post you would realize that I do not make the prices as I clearly stated "the company that I work for".

Here in the states Group-on is a very legit and popular form of advertisement. Using groupon is totally different than a 99$ special that typically will turn into a garbage install with purple film in 6 months. We do quality installs with quality film.

My response to this comment was due to the fact that the original poster was asking what specials our shops run. I don't understand what "my prices are just special to begin with" means. Therefore my first thought was 99$
I read your post,

Now tell me,

If you advertise "good film" for $100, and even just get pad $50,

Are you better or worse than the guy who sells bad film for $99, and gets paid $99 for it. At least we can distinguish ourselves from people using cheap Chinese shit for $99..... Your the worst of them all? Sorry, "your bosses shop which you gloated about having a good marketing strategy"

99$ special?

I read your post,

Now tell me,

If you advertise "good film" for $100, and even just get pad $50,

Are you better or worse than the guy who sells bad film for $99, and gets paid $99 for it. At least we can distinguish ourselves from people using cheap Chinese %&$# for $99..... Your the worst of them all? Sorry, "your bosses shop which you gloated about having a good marketing strategy"

I'm the worst of them all? Interesting take, so you're criticizing me for using quality film rather than poor film while we do this form of advertising? If I was in charge would I use group-on? No I wouldn't however my boss runs a very successful business with a very loyal client base so can't fault him for that. I'm not the boss and I'm compensated very well to do quality work so that's what I do.

So to answer your question yes I think we are better than the guy that sells cheap film because our customers know what they are getting; a quality install and film and they know where to find us should a concern arise. Whereas the "99$" most likely are telling lies left and right and never heard of again.

The local franchise store here is heavily into marketing and specials. Every month it's something different.

Last month it was "trade in your old tint for $100" - so they take $100 off the normal price of an r&r . This month it is "Any tint in the range plus a fabric/vinyl/leather protection treatment for $899" Other times it is $100 off any tint for this month only.

All depends on your starting price with this type of marketing.

They have identified the $100 figure as being the right figure to get some action but the normal price of tinting through them is $450 - $650 / car so they have a lot of room to play.

The only trouble with this sort of marketing is you burn customers real quick. I know I would be pissed if I had my car tinted at full whack and then 2 days later they advertise $100 off. :evileye

Yeah if I were getting that price I could afford to discount also. I feel my work is the quality that it needs to be but my salesmanship isn't. Which I feel is equally as bad as not putting quality work out.

I only give discounts on referrals, usually a $10-$15.   I do not compete with the $99 shops around me... they hate me cause I do a good job... quality, not quantity.  They can do 6-7 cars in a day, with 3-4 redos a week later.  I do 3-4 a day, with no re do jobs.   

Not that cheap Lock, I don't know how they do it that cheap. No wonder they don't last that long.

Alright cool, thanks for the clarification. In my defense I did in fact ask a question and did not make an accusation. Happy tinting!

Not that cheap Lock, I don't know how they do it that cheap. No wonder they don't last that long.

Alright cool, thanks for the clarification. In my defense I did in fact ask a question and did not make an accusation. Happy tinting!
I simply stated a fact, that to the other good guys around you your just as bad if not worse.

I quote "we shouldn't be worried when cheap nasty installers are offering $99 jobs..... When a "good installer" is offering these prices with a quality product, that's when we should be worried."

Do you actually think your right in disagreeing?

Archived