Specials?

When I see other local company's advertising through group on do I worry? No not at all but I'm not the owner. My responsibility is to take care of our customers and it's the owners responsibility to attract the customers. I do what I'm paid to do. If I was doing my own thing and I saw a competitor doing quality jobs through groupon then yes that would be a bit alarming I'll agree with that. Mainly because I would lose my leverage claiming every 100-150 dollar tint job was done by some hack.

As I mentioned before if I was the owner I wouldn't use groupon because there isn't much profit initially unless customer upgrades. I just find your comment of me being a bottom feeder very ignorant.

No hard feelings though. Your opinions throughout the forum are very insightful. You seem like you want the best for our industry, I just feel your assumption of me was way off base.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I see other local company's advertising through group on do I worry? No not at all but I'm not the owner. My responsibility is to take care of our customers and it's the owners responsibility to attract the customers. I do what I'm paid to do. If I was doing my own thing and I saw a competitor doing quality jobs through groupon then yes that would be a bit alarming I'll agree with that. Mainly because I would lose my leverage claiming every 100-150 dollar tint job was done by some hack.

As I mentioned before if I was the owner I wouldn't use groupon because there isn't much profit initially unless customer upgrades. I just find your comment of me being a bottom feeder very ignorant.

No hard feelings though. Your opinions throughout the forum are very insightful. You seem like you want the best for our industry, I just feel your assumption of me was way off base.

Dude you seem like a good guy and speak quite intelligently.....

And hey your right, your job as an employee is to pretty much do what your boss asks when he asks, and do it professionally.

I just hope you have the attitude that these marketing "strategies" are bad for our industry.....

I'm not saying I've never done a job for $100, I've done jobs for free.....

But I don't target a market with these angles and I must have misread when I thought I saw you promote this as a good sales technique....

No hard feelings at all, and excuse my abruptness, I do have a one sided opinion on these things.....

My apologies for the bottom feeder comments to yourself, I will kindly redirect them to your boss

Dude you seem like a good guy and speak quite intelligently.....

And hey your right, your job as an employee is to pretty much do what your boss asks when he asks, and do it professionally.

I just hope you have the attitude that these marketing "strategies" are bad for our industry.....

I'm not saying I've never done a job for $100, I've done jobs for free.....

But I don't target a market with these angles and I must have misread when I thought I saw you promote this as a good sales technique....

No hard feelings at all, and excuse my abruptness, I do have a one sided opinion on these things.....

My apologies for the bottom feeder comments to yourself, I will kindly redirect them to your boss

Fair enough, I'm cool with that. Water under the bridge.

Guest Mario

When doing a car a good thing to do is offer the customer 10 or 15% (depending on how busy you are) off for flat glass on home/business job. Four or more windows, etc...

Archived