86 Camaro

Guest theratdude64

Guest theratdude64

My friend and I are going to tint our 3rd gens this weekend, and the hatch seems to be a PAIN to tint... anyone have expirence with this?

Without defroster lines they are a piece of cake. With defroster lines they kinda suck because you have to cut really close the the braded metal and if you take pride in your work will put a small piece behind the non tinted portion instead of boarder tape.

Guest theratdude64

ours are defroster....

I mean like to get it to contour to the curve.

With heat shrinking, whast the best way to get it in that curve? I dont get that whole baby powder/dryer sheet thing, lol

my best advice to you for the experience would be to do it in 2 - 20" pieces, have your splice on the 7th heater wire from the bottom of the window and most important, when cutting the sides along the heater wires, OVER-COMPENSATE the closeness leave about 1/4 " gap...it'll greatly diminish once installed...better short than having it over- lapping and you have t ocut and jump every wire once on.

Good luck :bling

Guest theratdude64

We attempted on my friends, havent gotten the money to do mine yet :rollin

I will be doing it though. we did fairly well actually. We figured out to cut it BEFORe the fatass defroster line along edge but not bad on curve, lol

Archived