Some problems with tinting windows

Hi everyone

First sorry for my English :)

I have some problems with windows tinting. I use film armorlite. When I squeegee water from there I have white dots under the film , why ?

Second problem is shrinking film in the back windows , I do the same what people do on the YT , but when I do that , film is scratching. When I put ready film inside the car white lines appear. When I shrink I use heat gun on the first speed and spread big fingers then the film breaks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

white dots is dust, dirt, contamination.  How you handle the film, the environment you are in, the water you are using....that is the why.

if the film is scratching then you are either shrinking the film with the liner down and hard coat up or you are really using some tool that is abrasive and digging in the film when you are carding it out.  Use a glove or something then a nice smooth and clean card to finish it off.  Make sure the liner is facing you when shrinking too...

Shrinking film is easy and hard...if you are saying the film "breaks" I am assuming you are burning the film or melting it.....if that is the case use less heat all at once.....

I work in the garage where is no wind but the floor is made of concrete , and I mix water with neutral dish soap without chemicals. Should I wash or something the film before application ?

What I mean by 'break' is that film is creasing. That is my biggest problem.  Something like that 

I'm using

I want to buy

ps. Sorry I don't know how put photos

I smoothe the center with the squeegee and do sides of the film moving it in H-shaped. Then at the bottom I shrink making it up and down starting on the corners and moving to the center  .It happens with larger fingers, even as I try to reduce it.

Guest nocemdead

The only time that I touch the film is laying it on trimming and pulling film off the car. I used to use a glove and all that, but I found out if I just shrink the film where it has vertice slack ....I never touch the tint. Hope the helps

Archived