Facebook

So i recently started a Facebook page. My results so far have been, one customer had me order a speciality film that the day before he arrived he cancelled the whole job. One person talked me down on price, a few inquires that also wanted cheaper prices. So to say the least i don't think it's going well so far.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook is a great place to showcase your work. However most people that contact me directly through Facebook are bs low ball customers. But it will bring in business, I have lots of people come in to the shop because theu saw my work on Facebook. But I have learned not to just hand out a quick price on Facebook toaanyone that messages me.

First thing you should ask is what kind of tint job are you looking for. Once they answer this question, I can normally tell what type of customer I am dealing with.

Any other replay then the cheapest thing possible, and I will explain to them that I carry many types of film, and it would probably be best for them to come by my shop so that I might be able to get them a film that best suits their needs and budget.

That's a good idea c2c. I've also had two job offers. The first was the guy that trained me. Once i turned him down he acted very unprofessional. The second is the guy that trained him and all he was worried about was how long it takes me. I told him my time and he said it was to long. Then replied quality was number one. Uh yeah right.

one customer had me order a speciality film that the day before he arrived he cancelled the whole job.

Had that happen before. Now if anyone wants something that will otherwise sit if not used will have to put down a non-refundable deposit that covers at least the material. If they cancel after that, they loose the deposit. 

one customer had me order a speciality film that the day before he arrived he cancelled the whole job.

Had that happen before. Now if anyone wants something that will otherwise sit if not used will have to put down a non-refundable deposit that covers at least the material. If they cancel after that, they loose the deposit.

You know i told that guy that but he didn't want to because he was using the company credit card. He just wanted a one time transaction. The only reason i didn't push it harder was because i knew the guy. Oh well you live and learn. Luckily my distributor took the film back. The customer just covered the shipping cost.

Archived