Help with this boat please!!! Pic attached

I have a customer who brought me some china film that is extremely thin and as you can see it just does not shrink properly...When I heat the fingers they do not smooth down...For example, if I give enough heat for them to squiggle, as soon as I smooth over they crease...No matter what....If I just do small bursts of low heat, they just stay as straight fingers...I have the shrinkable edge on the top and bottom but has anybody ever used a cheap film like this with any success? If this was a normal reputable auto film I could have done these windows several times over already...

In case your wondering these are 07 Malibu Wake Setter Windows...

20140805_084620.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That there is what you call " learning from experience " in action. Bet you'll never use another film a customer supplies... Especially I such a curve. The money lost on much easier tasks in the same amount if time is staggering .

I personally won't even look at boats with cars lined up everywhere

Guest birdman

This boat has some crazy other things done to it, and he does not accept anything less than what he wants...lol

sounds like he should want better quality. first thing i thought was maybe the shrinking edges were on the sides, but you've got that right on. maybe heat and pull? dryer sheet? throw the tint away and paint the glass green? :dunno

Learned my lesson the hard way.  I WILL NEVER PUT ON A CUSTOMERS PRODUCT HE BRINGS IN!!!!!!   NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY OR HOW GOOD OF A CUSTOMER THEY ARE.  IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!! .  Just Sayin!!!!!!

Archived