Tracing roll-downs on the table

One thing id like to add to my last post, if cutting it down the sides instead of sharpie, trucks that have a lot of extra glass that becomes exposed as it rolls down (Tundra front by the mirror, Ram 2 door back edge, 2000s Tahoes and Silverado fronts, 4 door truck back windows, etc) there are better ways to cut them, sharpie included. I don't like seeing a big gap when rolling them down.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing id like to add to my last post, if cutting it down the sides instead of sharpie, trucks that have a lot of extra glass that becomes exposed as it rolls down (Tundra front by the mirror, Ram 2 door back edge, 2000s Tahoes and Silverado fronts, 4 door truck back windows, etc) there are better ways to cut them, sharpie included. I don't like seeing a big gap when rolling them down.

Don't forget the Toyota Tacomas say 1995-2003. Not promoting it is ok to leave a huge a$$ gap, but IMO, window film really only looks it's best when the windows are all the way up.

I hate double cutting, I had to replace so many windows because of this method. Either scratches or light gaps were the complaints, and the occasional peeling. If you really want to double cut and do it right, then you need to first join your two pieces of film on your cut board and then move to car for pattern cutting. Make sure their is a liner facing the glass, and one facing you to eliminate scratches. :happy tinting

I bet a day or two with me and I could have you double cutting no problem. :yep

Hard to explain but I have just about got it down to an art. My blade barely touches the glass lightly. And I shift my sides for no light gap.

Side shifting is very important!

Once you do doubles so much isn't it like one piece of tint. I had to do a single piece today... It felt so thin. Weird when 5% feels like 80%

Archived