The hunt for the perfect heat gun

Guest joe shmo

I ise the yellow wagner with the coold down feature. The temp goes up to 1200 and will last a long time of not over abused! We have had some of our guns for close to 2yrs. Only thing I noticed is as they get abused and old the handles get extremely hot

Weve used the harbor freight cheapo, yellow wagner, kobalt, ace's black heat gun. All work great, kobalt seemed a lil heavy compared to others but they do have a very nice warranty as mentioned!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you do, don't believe Milwaukee's 5-year guarantee!  I returned 4 at the same time.  (All had been purchased within 5 years and where supposedly under warranty.)  They replaced one of the four.  Who knows what they consider a legitimate failure.  I think they only replaced that one out of embarrassment.  I like the gun, when it works, because it is light-weight and produces steady heat.   But my latest purchase has failed in less than a year.  No more!  Maybe I'll try the Lowes brand mentioned in this thread.  

Our installers love the Milwaukee heat gun as well. That being said, we have broken 3 of them in the past year. Havent tried returning any yet via warranty, I still have them stacked in their boxes in my office :lol

Agreed, I use a Milwaukee as well. I've had the same one since I first started 2 years ago and still going strong. 

I also have a cheap $15 "drillmaster" heat gun from harbor freight as a backup just in case my primary went out. I've used it as well for the hell of it and it puts out phenomenal heat for an inexpensive heat gun. 

I started with a $20 Wagner HT 1000. It works, but too slow, and no temp adjust.

For me, this Porter Cable performs much better. :flamer

(I almost bought one of the Kobalts from Lowes - awesome warranty for sure)

41zkwpmkxGL._SX425_.jpg

That kobalt is fan frikin tastic! Just be sure to keep them recipes... I've had to exchange 10 so far. But the performance is only matched by the red Milwaukee imo

I started with a $20 Wagner HT 1000. It works, but too slow, and no temp adjust.

For me, this Porter Cable performs much better. :flamer

(I almost bought one of the Kobalts from Lowes - awesome warranty for sure)

41zkwpmkxGL._SX425_.jpg

That kobalt is fan frikin tastic! Just be sure to keep them recipes... I've had to exchange 10 so far. But the performance is only matched by the red Milwaukee imo

All my recipes are by the stove, the receipts are in the office :lol            :poke we knew what you meant!

Archived