Change of lifestyle for tinting downunder

TTB....I'm very seriously considering hanging up the squeegee as I certainly don't have to work anymore and would rather be further enjoying the lifestyles of the tint and not so famous. :lol

But the fantastic opportunities I've presented to a limited few locally whom I thought would have jumped at it really disappointed.....they have not seen the view for the film but I'm not going to push it when there is no motivation shown hence the topic.

TW you'll do......sun, surf and sea beckons.

Devil

Just curious Dev, we will all be in your shoes one day, have you advertised the business for sale?

I have seen some pretty average tint shops selling for 150K and some much better setups going for a mill or more.

Geeez Dev, is there room for anyone else in your life with that ego you got?? [emoji12] [emoji12]

haha Ultra...Ego? We are talking about Tinters now aren't we?

Down deep we all know that we are the best damn tinter the world has ever seen, but don't tell any other tinter that, it just seems egotistical.  :lol

I have seen some pretty average tint shops selling for 150K and some much better setups going for a mill or more.

For goodness sake don't tell my MRS that...   :nuts

Lol, it only becomes a problem when they are considering being the EX ~Mrs Ultra

I haven't advertised it Rocky as I would have preferred to give a huge leg up for someone behind the 8 ball in life (and nothing to do with ego I can assure you) but it staggers me to look a gift horse in the mouth and just be a plugger forever.

Tinting obviously clouds judgements in life other than glass from what I've seen of it. :evileye

Devil

hey dev i'm just curious what your plan is .....I know its hard to train youngins but aren't we all going to die out if we don't share our knowledge with the younger generation.......trust me i have gone through so many dissapointment's to find a half decent candidate and he is 25 . not very "young" in my book but willing to learn .

Im 25 i know thats not young. Haha but really contemplating on life in australia.

Devil

I'm open to all invitees but I do believe it is an industry that requires dexterity of youth, (more preferable) enthusiasm, motivation and honed skills for as we all know, it's not for everyone.

With my guidance, mentoring and what tricks I've picked up in the last 39 years, the tint road ahead can be short tracked big time for the right person.....I would like to pass that on.

If that doesn't happen, then I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Devil

All jokes aside, I understand where you're coming from Devil. I was given an opportunity and mentored by a great teacher many years ago and have already started paying it forward.

I do believe that even opportunities have to be EARNED. Hard work, motivation, and earned respect are what put you on a path that lines up with great opportunities.

Archived