The public is so demanding

Yes I'm having a whinge that other Aussie tinters can relate to.......

Calls way after hours, all weekends Sundays included, expect you to be doing nothing so they can have their 2 front doors tinted at the drop of a hat, also expect you to be a the factory all hours and forget being on site with flat glass, want redone purple jobs immediately so they can get a roadworthy, want a poxy tiny job like a sunroof done when you have cars lined up knee deep in the factory, want a FG quote but haven't got the brains to measure the glass themselves (and that job is invariably in Tish Creek and 3 panes), want to drop by Saturdays for a look see to make sure you know what a Magna looks like, and the kicker....they never use the phone anymore for the enquiry but now it's nothing to get up to 6-9 emails or so over a 2 week period which ties up an enormous amount of a sole trader's effort.

I feel better now but do feel free to chime in on any other facets I missed. :moa

Over it!

Devil

Yes I'm having a whinge that other Aussie tinters can relate to.......

Calls way after hours, all weekends Sundays included, expect you to be doing nothing so they can have their 2 front doors tinted at the drop of a hat, also expect you to be a the factory all hours and forget being on site with flat glass, want redone purple jobs immediately so they can get a roadworthy, want a poxy tiny job like a sunroof done when you have cars lined up knee deep in the factory, want a FG quote but haven't got the brains to measure the glass themselves (and that job is invariably in Tish Creek and 3 panes), what to drop by Saturdays for a look see to make sure you know what a Magna looks like, and the kicker....they never use the phone anymore for the enquiry but now it's nothing to get up to 6-9 emails or so over a 2 week period which ties up an enormous amount of sole trader's effort.

I feel better now but do feel free to chime in on any other facets I missed. :moa

Over it!

Devil

i get heaps of emails, obviously cause there to scared to ring , then I find out all there doing is taking my email to my competition , so no more emails quotes for me!

lol well said, can relate to everything

but on the other side the grass is greener, those customers who say you can come out whenever you like for flat glass install if you have any problems just call me and we can change time, had a few of those lately, easiest customers to deal with and i did have to reschedule a few jobs and totally understanding and one even gave me a tip today

I will never forget walking through farms with my tools and film strapped to my back desperate for work when I first started. I won't ever forget my girl telling me I need to figure out something quick because we have no money. I won't ever forget being asked for Id when a customer dropped a car off because I was tinting in my apartment block car park in redfern. I won't forget a customer asking for low e film and laughing at me and saying no thanks because I didn't have a shop.

Now when I have a customer ring me and complain that I have to book him in two weeks from now, I politely as ever reassure him I am the guy for the job, and I most definitely want his business and if in that two weeks I have to swim there to get him to pay a good price for a good job and a great product i will do so because I still, as arrogant as he is, want him to have the best because he is my customer. I am still making follow up calls for those that I used to get on the bus at 4 am for to tint and I think because of that if my biggest problem is my phone keeps ringing and people want me to do their work than I am more than happy with the way business is.

I won't forget a customer asking for low e film and laughing at me and saying no thanks because I didn't have a shop.

I just had to pick up on this 35 as I can see it still eats you a little....don't feel demoralised by this unbelievably insensitive comment as it this shows more the calibre and upbringing of this rude bastard and we can only hope he ended up with a crap job.

Devil

I won't forget a customer asking for low e film and laughing at me and saying no thanks because I didn't have a shop.

I just had to pick up on this 35 as I can see it still eats you a little....don't feel demoralised by this unbelievably insensitive comment as it this shows more the calibre and upbringing of this rude bastard and we can only hope he ended up with a crap job.

Devil

Yep, I've got a ton of respect for our 35.

What do you do as a young bloke who just loves the film industry?

You work for a wage that you can't even live on in Sydney as expensive a place as it is, or do you have a crack at starting up your own business without the luxury of having a large bankroll or a rich daddy to back you.

Taking crap and kicking butt every day. Good on ya 35, in a few years time when you own Sydney City, we will be having a beer and laughing at all of this.

Archived