Estimating MATH for a flat glass

So much to consider with designing an app that works. Calculating sq/ft is simple. But then you still need to work out most efficient roll size... how many feet off the roll req'd... do you have it in stock or need to order it... Different films cost different amounts... What if you have some offcuts from a previous job that you could use...

I've been working on this for years. The formulas become quite mind-boggling to create a flawless program that outputs the perfect answer every time.

The best solution will always be your brain. Use it or lost it. [emoji6]

So much to consider with designing an app that works. Calculating sq/ft is simple. But then you still need to work out most efficient roll size... how many feet off the roll req'd... do you have it in stock or need to order it... Different films cost different amounts... What if you have some offcuts from a previous job that you could use...

I've been working on this for years. The formulas become quite mind-boggling to create a flawless program that outputs the perfect answer every time.

The best solution will always be your brain. Use it or lost it. [emoji6]

You do have a point.. I stock two most popular film... and i stock them in 72" and 48"   i feel like with them two sizes you can do anything and have min amount of waste.. 

also, i found that if i stock things then i can sell jobs and do them right away or the next day with out having to order and wait for it. 

to me, to get the total sqft is really the bottom line..     

i see the solution in my mind but not ready to give birth to it hahaha  but soon.. lol  :lol2  :lol2  :lol2

I don't think it's that hard.....

Just put a separate column on your quote paper with standard roll sizes, once you've got all your measurements just add up the lineal metres/feet for each roll? That will tell you how much it's going to cost you max, then you can figure out the ways of saving a couple bucks by ordering off a 60" and splitting for example

Archived