Next chapter in my life

Great thanks Shawn :thumb

That's awesome Lock, I'm sure you're a little worried but excited too. Shay and I moved from California to Oregon a while back and it turned out to be a huge blessing.

It was scary to just up and move to another state, but I had visited before and Shay grew up here and it's really nice. Things were getting really expensive in the area we lived, for what we were paying for a crappy one bed apartment at the end of an airport runway, anything would be better. :lol After a few years renting here, Shay got pregnant and it just seemed like a really good time to see if we could qualify for a home loan. Now we have a nice little house and a beautiful little girl. We've also become close friends with the Fosters.

So our move has been nothing but blessings and I hope yours turns out just as well.

Oh and the actual move kicked my arse but good, packed alone and drove 24 hours straight. Red bull is your friend. :lol2

Right on TD thanks for sharing. We've kind of gone the backwards route. Had a home for 7 years then when we moved to nebraska we were unable to sell it because of the down housing market. We ended up renting out our home in utah while we rented an apartment in nebraska. So for 2 years we had amazing tenants who always paid on time and took great care of our home. Well they moved out this past March so we put our home back on the market. Ended up selling it in May which was a huge relief at the time but now I sort of wish we still had it seeing how we are moving back :facepalm2. Hopefully in the next year or so we will be back in a position to buy a home again.

Good Luck Dude!! I couldn't imagine moving. I have lived in the same city my whole life (34 Years) and have only stepped foot out of my home state twice.

Wow only stepped out of the state twice! I love to travel, I've been quite a few places. Been in your neck of the woods a few times but usually just for a night as we would leave on a cruise shortly after. Having 2 little ones make it tough to travel although we will be flying down to California and going to Disneyland in March. Looking forward to that :yep

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you took the plunge. What city are you moving back to. When we talked I think you were looking at Davis County right? Also what shop is it your thinking of working at? I know I'm down in Orem, but let me know if i can help in any way. Good luck.

Right on TD thanks for sharing. We've kind of gone the backwards route. Had a home for 7 years then when we moved to nebraska we were unable to sell it because of the down housing market. We ended up renting out our home in utah while we rented an apartment in nebraska. So for 2 years we had amazing tenants who always paid on time and took great care of our home. Well they moved out this past March so we put our home back on the market. Ended up selling it in May which was a huge relief at the time but now I sort of wish we still had it seeing how we are moving back :facepalm2. Hopefully in the next year or so we will be back in a position to buy a home again.

Yeah the timing can be a problem. We were really fortunate that all this happened when interest rates were at their lowest.

So you took the plunge. What city are you moving back to. When we talked I think you were looking at Davis County right? Also what shop is it your thinking of working at? I know I'm down in Orem, but let me know if i can help in any way. Good luck.

Hi jake yep we are taking the plunge. It's been a couple months since we talked last but thanks for the info you provided me with. You're right we are going to be in the Davis county area for the next little bit. As you can see its a bit too far from Orem. By the way I sent you a personal message. Thanks again :thumb

Last week was my final week at my job in nebraska. It was nice being able to reminisce with many of the people/accounts I did work for over the past couple years.

The manager at our biggest account made a comment that will stick with me for awhile. He was talking about how rare it is to find an installer who does great work, reliable and can pass a drug test. So he went on to tell me that I'm a unicorn in the tint industry because I'm so rare :lol2. Hey I'll take the compliment.

We have now made the move and getting settled in at our new place in Utah. I am very excited to start at the new shop tomorrow. It's good to be back home. :thumb

Good luck! I used to live in Omaha, and moved to the east coast for a better opportunity. I worked for that company for almost three years. I left that company back in May of this year due to ethics reasons and now I'm doing it in my own. It's a struggle everyday, but in the end I feel I made the right decisions overall.

Archived