what to do here...poor quality paint

Client had his car resprayed and the final outcome was very very very poor quality. My initial thoughts were to sand it down and wrap over it. Fast forward a month, the door paint has pulled back (shrunk) and actually comes off like a flat chunk of cold vinyl (like pulling it off a car and it breaks apart).

There are tons of areas with massive solvent pop that shows through the test vinyl, huge clear drips and runs, and areas of trash in/under the paint.

20141202_010023_zpsbl5gtmku.jpg

20141202_010031_zpszcyh31t7.jpg

20141202_005858_zpsndtzkryz.jpg

20141202_005906_zpsz70dco5l.jpg

20141202_010405_zpsxqkrtwld.jpg

20141202_005914_zpslubn8yie.jpg

Thoughts on my next steps??? Thinking about stripping the paint and laying down a new primer layer, but not sure if the vinyl will stick long term. Should it be recleared properly?

From what I heard it needs to be a quality 2k primer though, not sure if you have used any other Spectrum?

All I can say is make sure the car is super prepped after Priming, The first and only time we have done bodywork before a wrap was on one of our show cars and we had wet and dried the primer in areas to the point where we thought we couldn't feel it and then again for good measure. Once wrapped you could see ripples and slight lines in that area. Was really annoying as the wrap idea and overall look was killer, only to be let down by poor bodywork prep.

That's why we are a wrap shop and not a bodywork shop! After all if you have to prep the body that much and are at the stage of putting a primer on then it makes sense to just paint it.....

Archived