How hard is it to keep an appointment!!!

very frustrating the old no shows, its a good idea to keep a note on no shows and if they do it twice if they make a 3rd appointment and do show up then tell the the price has gone up

Don't worry too much bout those cars 35, the commercial job you are organising will make you forget all about car tinting haha,

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My auto time slots are very similar...start at 8.30am which takes into most of the morning and then a second begin at 11.30 for the avo.

I've definitely become a lot sterner these days and if what I offer doesn't work, well I'm not sorry.

As you said.....for someone to leave you a hole in the day with no notice, it costs you very dearly.

This year will see a new improvised tack for me.....I will be closing off the availability on my website prior to Xmas as I've got 3 huge commercial jobs to install at my leisure which will pay many more times over than poxy cars.  (Thug won't believe it)

So I'm going where the moola is for the least amount of effort.

So for all those with purple tint wanting a redo, front doors only to match privacy glass, anything European, a 1/4 vent new tint,  side panels of an entrance door, ring someone else.

Devil

devil

I love that idea Daz...I know there is always one wanker that wants their car back in 15mins but the 2 time slot idea would help out heaps to negotiate your day...

The only way to go mate. If I've got 2 or 3 coming at 8am, there will always be one that doesn't show till closer to 9, this way I've always got at least 1 to launch straight into and the one that comes later just gets done last.

The afternoon session cars are usually all lined up by the time I want them, it's the mornings that used to be a problem.

We stopped setting appointments a long time ago. First come first serve. If one person walks in the door 1 seconds before another person, the first person gets done first.

When we decided to stop doing appts we started telling people on the phone "these are our hours, give us a call when youre on your way, no appt needed".

I found that when people set an appt and something comes up where they cant make it they just never shpw up, dont call and I guess feel too bad to come in at a different time so you basically lose that customer... if you tell them just come in whenever is best and call when theyre on the way you get WAY more people tp actually show up

So for all those with purple tint wanting a redo, front doors only to match privacy glass, anything European, a 1/4 vent new tint,  side panels of an entrance door, ring someone else.

Love it, I thought I was the only one who had these thoughts    :thumb

Just checked my answering machine and my 9:00 am appointment called yesterday and left a message saying that because of his schedule he wouldn't be able to make it. He wants to bring it in on a Saturday. That's fine, but he is going to have to leave a deposit for that one. I quit working Saturdays because of all the inconsiderate a-holes not showing up and wasting my time when I could be out on the water fishing or in the woods hunting. 

All I can say, is that, over time, this has become more common (sad to say).

People's word doesn't count for much any more.  :sad

It is what it is.

I personally don't give a low flying duck anymore.

If they don't show up, I get another couple of hours to catch up on quotes, do the book work, tidy the showroom, clean the dunnys, sweep the floors, wash the company car or any of the other jobs us high flying executive types have to do on a daily basis.

:lol

Archived