Tail lights tinting

Hey I'm always very informative to my customers about the legal requirements & what negative outcome may result by choosing the illegal product. However if they still choose that product I will still provide them the service know that 99.9% of my competitors will if I don't.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to cut the cheese. I do some shades darker. Not because my competitors do.... I never do anything because my competitions do. I don't do completely black, I highly recommend not doing good 5% and unless it's something out of the ordinary people plater wanting 5 I refuse to do it. But my biggest seller is 18%.

Sorry, I got 18 on my car, on my girls car etc. I'm no hypocrit. I like 18, and I really think it's safe to drive around with to be honest. I don't do windscreens either because it's just unsafe like 5 is. But no excuse, I like it a bit darker, so do most of my customers and I know what's safe and what's stupid. If 18 became legal would everyone be all about 35% still? Or would it be let's ridicule everyone tinting darker than 18

Do we actually know the reasoning behind the whole 35% darkest legal? I've never really asked/looked into why the darkest legal is 35%, when I started tinting it was just the law & I never questioned it. I've always assumed it was so the police could still have decent vision into your car so they could tell if your wearing a seatbelt, talking on your moblie or whatever but when in the USA you can have 28% on your fronts & 16% on the rears I just couldn't think of any other reasoning behind the 35 law

Hey I'm always very informative to my customers about the legal requirements & what negative outcome may result by choosing the illegal product. However if they still choose that product I will still provide them the service know that 99.9% of my competitors will if I don't.

Well there's the difference between you and me and I ain't starving....on the contrary.

Are you that worried a competitor may get your job? Give us a break!

Like today.....Had an old customer booked in before Xmas to do a 100 series Landcruiser.

He zigged and zagged about doing the rear in 20....really preferred it but I wouldn't do it so he still books in last week.

This morning he rings having another try on to fit a darkened rear.....my same answer except this time I very politely suggested to try another shop and cancelled the booking for him for this Monday.

Now I've just replaced that with a beautiful 997 Porsche where the customer is rapt in the idea of 35 all round and for the same money and for me way less work.

You need to lighten up mate, (pun intended).

Devil

More power to you for being so legit devil. Your a true legend.

Do I stress if a competitor gets my job? Not really. I simply just give my customers what their preference is with what I keep in stock. Like I said, I always explain that in hindsight 35% is the safest option for them & that the benefits of a darker film aren't significant. Though if they still choose a darker film so be it. I'm not there father. Do I give a rats if their car gets defected? Nope, I have already explained to them the possible consequences of having an illegal film installed, so it's their own fault.

In saying that 90% of my jobs are darkest legal with the other 10% being 18%. I don't keep 5% because as I have little call for it & it's dead stock...for those inquiries I gladly refer them to one of my competitors that I know install 5%. After all we all gotta eat & I wouldn't want them to "starve" now would I.

10 points on the "lighten up" pun though that was clever.

More power to you for being so legit devil. Your a true legend.

Do I stress if a competitor gets my job? Not really. I simply just give my customers what their preference is with what I keep in stock. Like I said, I always explain that in hindsight 35% is the safest option for them & that the benefits of a darker film aren't significant. Though if they still choose a darker film so be it. I'm not there father. Do I give a rats if their car gets defected? Nope, I have already explained to them the possible consequences of having an illegal film installed, so it's their own fault.

In saying that 90% of my jobs are darkest legal with the other 10% being 18%. I don't keep 5% because as I have little call for it & it's dead stock...for those inquiries I gladly refer them to one of my competitors that I know install 5%. After all we all gotta eat & I wouldn't want them to "starve" now would I.

10 points on the "lighten up" pun though that was clever.

Ahhhh aw you were getting credit for being a good guy. Don't suck up to this cranky old geezer. Devs obviously at a comfortable place. So he can knock back work..... Starting to get there with some respect myself where I can choose not to do some jobs because it's just a bad idea.

But with your argument, really, safest option? For sight? Wouldn't just no tint be the clearest? So should we just tell people it's safest without tint? Or if we were in wa should we just do what's lightsr than legal? Because it's safest? Best leave it to personal opinion because we know if we start talking laws it would only look silly if it were to change.

I'll stick with my Fusion 18 with a TSER of 63%.....

I reckon that's the safest way to drive.... Nice and comfortable :thumb

Archived