Super tight monetary policy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,Thank You, this is the easiest way to say it,Meow! are you really a fat cat?

Yup, i am fat, but been unhappy lately so i manage to lose some weight :sad

spongebob-does-gangnam-style.gif

That's my buddy smartie2shoes and me during our last meetup

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/user/33743-smartie2shoes

That's some funny stuff there, Fat! That must have been the days before riding my bike without a helmet. My head isn't rounded from all the falls.  :lol I see, too, I really need work on my :bdog  technique.  :spit

This is my take on it....that contractor knows you've done a good job and he will be paid for it way before you.

If something is not right he'll get you back to fix that corner or redo that window with contam at the time of installation.

If he can retain 5 or 10% and use it on the short term money market, he is laughing all the way to the bank using your money. :money

Why should the prick get away with that?

On the other hand, that work that may tie you over for a month let's say could alternatively be easily achievable with a number of smaller private jobs where you get paid in full at completion with far less risk of losing the lot due to a dodgey contractor who may become insolvent after you've done the installation.

Nah not  for me my friend....too wise and too smart.

Devil

It is a cost of doing business for us. If we are working for a first time contractor we will get a credit card payment at completion and make that known before starting. Sometimes if that contractor is a referral from another trusted source we will extend Net 30-60. Which usually turns into net 90-120

wow 90-120 if you can wait that long good for you man , me being such a small operation wouldn't do that work like dev said small minnow really pay the bills, but if you happen to have a couple hundred thousand SITTING IN THE BANK by all means do em. y the way fellow tinters the powerball is up to 900million get your tickets (off topic)

How do you guys secure the job? Contract only? or contract and deposit?

If you get a deposit, at what percent?

D A V E. 'Sup. :waving

What's up brother?

Not much man.. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope everything is good on your side of the city??

Good to see you on TintDude. :beer

How do you guys secure the job? Contract only? or contract and deposit?

If you get a deposit, at what percent?

D A V E. 'Sup. :waving

What's up brother?

Not much man.. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope everything is good on your side of the city??

Good to see you on TintDude. :beer

All is good, hope the same for you.

Yeah, I actually like it here more than the Facebook pages but I admit I guess I have been distracted by it.

Archived