Super tight monetary policy

Tinting tips for 2015.....

One of the most successful policy decisions for any business is to have an unbelievably tight control of your ins and outs.

Have virtually no debtors and little creditors.

I can honestly say I have only one payment outstanding as I speak and that job is 100% fine having been done only a few days ago.

That's my biggest tip for the year to all you shop owners and newbies.

Have a merry Xmas all and happy new year from downunder. :beach

Devil

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed with Tom... unless there are some tips to avoid it.

I'm still owed from several jobs completed recently. I've love to have the invoices paid sooner, but I'm not sure if there is even anything I can do to speed up the process.  :dunno

Agreed with Tom... unless there are some tips to avoid it.

I'm still owed from several jobs completed recently. I've love to have the invoices paid sooner, but I'm not sure if there is even anything I can do to speed up the process.  :dunno

You can do something Roach and that is to forgo embarrassment at the time of receiving the order to ask if payment can be organised on the day of completion.

That will suss out details there and then and if that's an issue, then arrangements can be made say for payment in 7 days.

If that doesn't work, then you'll know exactly when you should be paid for it and whether or not you want to be party to that.

I'd go as far as saying most jobs that are generally large "try on" terms to the shop owner knowing that if they can delay payment, they win short term.

Devil

We have a significant amount of 2014 work that will not hit our account until 2015 sometime. Although I would like to get paid COD, it is not realistic in commercial work.

Tom, lets not forget the ones that hold back a % of the total PO for up to a year.

We have a significant amount of 2014 work that will not hit our account until 2015 sometime. Although I would like to get paid COD, it is not realistic in commercial work.

Tom, lets not forget the ones that hold back a % of the total PO for up to a year.

I wouldn't do that work Mike.

There are so many other minnow jobs out there that are just as tasty and get paid immediately for.

Devil

Archived