Retail vs wholesale

Ok. I see which way you were going with this.

From an installers and business owners stand point, aren't we all retail, on the tint side of it?? Unless you are a huge shop with a bunch of bays and a large employee list? Anyway,,, Yes. My dealerships get a discount. And it's around the fifty dollar range(depending on the job). But the problem is THEY are wholesale and I am retail. Why should they get a discount to begin with, except for the fact they are repeat customers. I know they charge their customer almost double what I charge them. It's not fair to the customer(who is usually a Regular Joe).

But all my repeat customers get a discount. Sorry for the rant. :twocents

I do find it bizarre some people get whole retail for dealer work though, I mean honestly, for a high amount of repeat work they are entitled to a separate price. I give my local mechanics trade price because their simply in the trade. I wouldn't do it for peanuts, but I would kick a stink if my wholesale manny gave me full retail price.

There are not many "in-house" tinters at the dealerships around here.  And the dealerships won't drive very far to get it done.  I discount my dealerships(against my better judgment as stated earlier), like I said, about $50 per full car.  

As far as the retail customer around here, if they go to a dealership and buy a car and have it tinted through the dealership.........I know for a fact they pay DOUBLE.  example:  if I charge the regular retail customer $200 for a 4 door car, if they come to my shop.  Now if they buy from the dealership and the dealershio brings it to me, the dealership would only pay $150 for that car and.  The dealership charges the customer $400 on their end.  It's on the customer if they agree to this :crazy  but not fair :?

Still not completely sure this is what you meant Richard, sorry if I'm missing the point.  

Archived