Does Clearshield (Pro) have a self healing top coat?

I currently use Xpel Ultimate and I was recently approached by a client who preferred Solar Gard PPF. (He was not specific about the Clearshield or Clearshield Pro.) 

I cant find any information on the Solar Gard website that references 'Self Healing' capabilities.   

Personally, I would not install anything that is not self healing, because it does not make sense to me to use a product that requires replacement just because it has a scratch. After all, you can buff paint, why would you limit yourself because you use PPF. I work with car dealers, so I dont have the option to explain to a client why the scratch is not under warranty.

Also, scratch resistant is nice, but self healing has always made more sense to me for PPF.

post-11015-0-02421200-1422020029_thumb.j 

Hugh Casiano 

One Armor

TintNet

Hugh, you should never install a film that you don't normally work with, and or customer supplied.  You are an Xpel installer its seems to me, and that's what you should offer.  Educate your client on why you don't use clear shield and why he should choose not to also.  He doesn't know why he likes it, he just knows he had it last time.  At my shop we only install Xpel Ultimate, and its the only film I stock.  You have to right idea to only install self healing.  Now you need to only install Xpel.  Problem with suntek is no one cares about suntek that know what they are doing.  Suntek is not xpel, It may self heal, but it doesn't come with XPEL SERVICE!!!!!!  You can't beat the service that you get from XPEL's Jeff Phillips and David Cambell.  Seriously the XPEL crew is wonderful, even DOBBINS is good stuff, hedoesn't like good food, but he is good people!  

Hugh, you should never install a film that you don't normally work with, and or customer supplied.  You are an Xpel installer its seems to me, and that's what you should offer.  Educate your client on why you don't use clear shield and why he should choose not to also.  He doesn't know why he likes it, he just knows he had it last time.  At my shop we only install Xpel Ultimate, and its the only film I stock.  You have to right idea to only install self healing.  Now you need to only install Xpel.  Problem with suntek is no one cares about suntek that know what they are doing.  Suntek is not xpel, It may self heal, but it doesn't come with XPEL SERVICE!!!!!!  You can't beat the service that you get from XPEL's Jeff Phillips and David Cambell.  Seriously the XPEL crew is wonderful, even DOBBINS is good stuff, hedoesn't like good food, but he is good people!  

They should put you on the payroll. LOL. 

Your right though, those guys have it dialed in and we dont recommend anything else. 

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. It's appreciated. 

Hugh 

I will have to disagree,

My customer service has been great with Suntek while Xpel has been lagging a tad. After two years with Xpel, my go to film now is Suntek.

Honest they are both great films and are the top two of the industry.

That's hilarious. "I only install Xpel blah blah blah" yet you critique Suntek's customer service???? What do you call Suntek for warranty claims with Xpel???  You might try other films before locking yourself into just one. One thing I have learned about this business is ALWAYS go with the best product out there. The better it looks and the longer it lasts the more referral work you will get from the customer. I try every film out there and go with what I feel is the best. You got certified by a company and stick with them without knowing they have the best product. Your slamming the client for doing exactly what you are doing. He prefers a different film than you... and neither of you have experience with the other... but somehow you are right and he is wrong? Hugh is right.... you should be on the payroll.  AS for me I have installed both films and I have dealt with customer service at with both companies. Suntek wins hands down in all categories except one. I will give Xpel credit that they have a larger pattern database than Suntek BUT Sunteks software is much more user friendly and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to access it. I well also say that Xpel heavily promotes their product in car forums all over the place. Good for them. it doesn't make them money but not necessarily you the installer. Feel free to look at another thread in here regarding that. Suntek lets their product speak for itself and the results are obvious. People are going with the film more and more as the word gets out its a better film.

Someone explain something to me. Isn't Hughe running permaplate for their ppf and tint branch? Also from what I know permaplate says they use xpel, ventureshield, llumar tint, etc... But they are not really those brands they are a B grade of those main films. Kind of weird. Correct me if Im wrong

Ive installed Clearshield for 8 years, went to Nano-Fusion film bit over a year ago, love it. People brag up the Suntek crap, and I do not see why. Our distributor also sells Suntek and we do warranty repair in our area for the Distributor. This Suntek film is junk in my opinion. It is way too rubbery, adhesive is very sensitive to alcohol content and it is impossible to trim this rubber crap without damage to paint. Blades do not slide smoothly over the Suntek like the other high end films. I have rolls of the Suntek here and I just do not see why installers talk it up unless they have never installed the other brands and had time to get a good feel for them. I understand that going from Suntek to a high end film may feel more difficult to install, but after some time, the Suntek is actually for difficult to install. JMO

The Clearshield doesnt self heal, but the Nano Fusion doesnt scratch easily at all. I have done a bunch of Porsche GT3 Race Car entire front clips and the tire marks wipe off without damage to the film.

Archived