looking to become a window tinter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this pot of gold ye talk about?

OK I've said this enough times and it becomes long winded to keep saying it....

So by all means, go for it.

It's easy, it's like putting on a bit sticker, it's just water and soap no chemicals that can damage your car and it goes on the inside.....

You've probably seen it on YouTube enough to know how to do it too.

Plus, what a way to compliment someone getting into the industry with no experience just because he wants money..... by working at a dealership whose willing to take a monkey on for peanuts so they don't have to pay a pro installer a good earn for his trade

wow 35 who took the jam out of your donut!!!! i get it we've all had our rants at newbies (including me) but this guy sounds like geniune candidate... firstly he's been turning spanners long enough to know how to strip doors with out a fuss...man that shiznet took me a year of practising before i was left alone to pull all the trims with confidance.. so time saved there plus how good would it be to have a guy like this in the know when a car comes your way that you have no idea how to strip!!!!  i know you have a crusade going on dealers at the mo and i don't think  it's the best way to learn but hey if he gets free lessons whilst being paid he can get a "feel" for the industry and see if his gup of tea.....personally i think we're all cracked to be doing this work. I love what i do but i've punched more holes in walls than i care to remember after the 7th install still has contamination and i go a bit rambo....

Lexus my advice would be get your free weeks training. if you like it get into a real installers shop and learn from them cause it "usually" takes about a year to be up and running to some sort of standard...the last thing you want to be is another reason why people hate on the tint industry due to lack of knowledge. And get ready to handle some high stress situations because this business can be brutal... we all know what a difficult install can to mess up the day.

Just go for it....if the dealership is willing to have someone from digit train you, just learn it and go from there. You most likely will not learn how to free hand....which, is the ultimate skill of any professional tinter.

Anyone can become an installer, but only the ones who are passionate about what they do each n everyday will succeed. Always try to learn n adapt to new ideas within the industry. Don't give up and don't listen to ppl who say you won't make it.

It took me a few months and 3 rolls when I first started.....even then there were ppl doubting me n saying I won't make it. Lol.

If all else fails, you can always turn wrenches again.

It's easy, it's like putting on a bit sticker, it's just water and soap no chemicals that can damage your car and it goes on the inside.....

Plus, what a way to compliment someone getting into the industry with no experience just because he wants money..... by working at a dealership whose willing to take a monkey on for peanuts so they don't have to pay a pro installer a good earn for his trade

wow 35 who took the jam out of your donut!!!! i get it we've all had our rants at newbies (including me) but this guy sounds like geniune candidate... firstly he's been turning spanners long enough to know how to strip doors with out a fuss...man that shiznet took me a year of practising before i was left alone to pull all the trims with confidance.. so time saved there plus how good would it be to have a guy like this in the know when a car comes your way that you have no idea how to strip!!!! i know you have a crusade going on dealers at the mo and i don't think it's the best way to learn but hey if he gets free lessons whilst being paid he can get a "feel" for the industry and see if his gup of tea.....personally i think we're all cracked to be doing this work. I love what i do but i've punched more holes in walls than i care to remember after the 7th install still has contamination and i go a bit rambo....

Lexus my advice would be get your free weeks training. if you like it get into a real installers shop and learn from them cause it "usually" takes about a year to be up and running to some sort of standard...the last thing you want to be is another reason why people hate on the tint industry due to lack of knowledge. And get ready to handle some high stress situations because this business can be brutal... we all know what a difficult install can to mess up the day.

Sorry, I just think people going "yeah why not" and thinking I'll start at a dealership to learn while making some money..... is the worst thing for our industry..... behind mep of course.

I have enough problems trying to comprehend why good installers get greedy enough to take a large amount of pennies from a dealer when if they just said no, the dealer would be forced to pay us on our terms.... without having new guys try to do it....

Maybe I'm an idealist though

wow 35 who took the jam out of your donut!!!! i get it we've all had our rants at newbies (including me) but this guy sounds like geniune candidate... firstly he's been turning spanners long enough to know how to strip doors with out a fuss...man that shiznet took me a year of practising before i was left alone to pull all the trims with confidance.. so time saved there plus how good would it be to have a guy like this in the know when a car comes your way that you have no idea how to strip!!!!  i know you have a crusade going on dealers at the mo and i don't think  it's the best way to learn but hey if he gets free lessons whilst being paid he can get a "feel" for the industry and see if his gup of tea.....personally i think we're all cracked to be doing this work. I love what i do but i've punched more holes in walls than i care to remember after the 7th install still has contamination and i go a bit rambo....

thanks alot for the good advice. theres a cool tinter at my dealership that lets me tint windows here and there when I'm not busy so i can at least get a feel for it. my boss that i used to work for would have a rep from digicut come out and train me and I'm even thinking of spending some money out of my pocket and spending a week at a school in euless texas, llumar tint 

All Toyota are easy except the 4Runner.....try figuring the rear roll down....kick my ass....took 3 try to get it perfect....but the next one will be super easy....

yes sir!!! thats what i hear from the tinter at my dealership. he said toyotas are pretty easy for the most part. just the camrys that take the longest cause you have to pull back part of the top door panel. 

Just go for it....if the dealership is willing to have someone from digit train you, just learn it and go from there. You most likely will not learn how to free hand....which, is the ultimate skill of any professional tinter.

Anyone can become an installer, but only the ones who are passionate about what they do each n everyday will succeed. Always try to learn n adapt to new ideas within the industry. Don't give up and don't listen to ppl who say you won't make it.

It took me a few months and 3 rolls when I first started.....even then there were ppl doubting me n saying I won't make it. Lol.

If all else fails, you can always turn wrenches again.

thanks for the kind words. I'm willing to do what ever it takes to make it work. I'm already used to working some 12 hr days so that nothing new for me. so ill put in the hours to learn and get better and better as i go along with it. yea, i can always go back to wrenching if all else fails, which i def don't want to do. LOL

All Toyota are easy except the 4Runner.....try figuring the rear roll down....kick my ass....took 3 try to get it perfect....but the next one will be super easy....

yes sir!!! thats what i hear from the tinter at my dealership. he said toyotas are pretty easy for the most part. just the camrys that take the longest cause you have to pull back part of the top door panel. 

and the way i see it, its all repetition, ill be doing the same cars all day long

Archived