Insurance for mobile tinters that serve dealers

Thanks for your help guys.

Thirtyfive, I phoned GIO and the guy was really helpful. Went over everything I'll be covered for and it sounds perfect.

It's actually BMW's I'll be working with as well so your story was relatable. And I know how much their parts are and it's scary stuff.

And for $40 a month, why wouldn't you!

Thanks again everybody for your input.

:thumb

They're always helpful in the beginning :lol

But I was genuinely surprised when they actually did most of the work to file a claim.... and a 200 excess with a premium that didn't rise? Can't be unhappy

Should be able to get some sort of general liability coverage. Last time I checked into insurance there was no listing for "tinters" they might have to classify you as a window/glass glazier. :dunno Things might have changed. 

What company should I use for insurance...most companies I have called dont insure tinters

You need to find companies that do 'motor trade insurance' as a lot don't.

I started with NRMA and am currently in the search for another as I am paying $230ish a month. The last quote I got (a couple of days old) was for $160 a month through Tradesure (they use Allianz).

After reading this I might give GIO a try, although id say mine is higher as I have insurance for the workshop and also off site.

Sorry for the thread dig but just wanting to see what peoples latest thoughts are on a good insurance company. This thread mentions GIO as a good one but i have a major issue with them currently. I switched to them a couple of years ago from another company as the price was better. Of course i wanted to be insured for damage to customers cars and also if i need to drive them. Came to just over $150p/m.

I must admit i didn't check the policy each time but decided to check it to see what i need to bump up since. I was shocked to find that there is 'DAMAGE TO CUSTOMERS CARS - NOT COVERED' listed and no mention of driving the car. In fact all that i am covered for is under $30k worth of stock and public liability! Effectively i have been paying out my a$$ for insurance i could get for $20. I am dumbfounded and it makes me cringe at all the cars i have had in since this policy and the potential bad situation i could have been in.

Does anyone have a good insurance company recomendations for Motor trade that doesn't cost a fortune?