Last One To Post Wins Game #424

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm far from a greedy or materialistic person.... I've always lived a rather modest life... But I don't get why people don't want to be compensated adequately for their skill.

Not everyone can tint... Or tint well..

You know I think part of the problem with getting paid properly, has a lot to do with the "big shops".  Nothing against them, some of them put out great work and pay their people well.  But I'm talking about the $99 shop that puts five people on minimum wage on a car, does it in an hour and can push out cars like that all day.  While good for them, bad for us(the little shop, with 1 maybe 2 guys).  Nothing wrong with what they are doing, it just makes it hard for us when we have to price match or be competitive price wise to keep business coming in the door.  Another viscious cycle   :krazy

Yeah I can see that...

Of course I think part of the problem is also with the public... I see more poorly done jobs then not, which the customer accepts. So they are unknowingly keeping poor quality ok.

At least if they didn't out up with it, it might weed out some of the hacks.

I get people stopping in my shop looking for one of my competitors, his google listing actually has the same address as us. I believe he had one of the units about 8 years ago but hasn't updated it because he works out of his garage. 

His prices are a little ridiculous though. His customers will always check if I can beat his price before they leave. :nope I ain't doing an R&R on a full size jacked up crew cab with a 3 piece BG and a visor for $120.00.....in 5%!!!  I'd rather sit on TintDude.com then throw away my time like that.......:lol

I get people stopping in my shop looking for one of my competitors, his google listing actually has the same address as us. I believe he had one of the units about 8 years ago but hasn't updated it because he works out of his garage. 

His prices are a little ridiculous though. His customers will always check if I can beat his price before they leave. :nope I ain't doing an R&R on a full size jacked up crew cab with a 3 piece BG and a visor for $120.00.....in 5%!!!  I'd rather sit on TintDude.com then throw away my time like that....... :lol

:lol

Archived